No More Lurking, And Hello From Da' Youp Dere Eh...

L

lindy

Hey dere eh, from Michigan's Yupper Peninsula! I'm a complete noob to the airbrush, but I'm not without some art background... Hey I actually 4.0'ed the 101 classes in school! My experience is mostly with pen and ink, pencil, and some drybrush watercolors. I picked up a couple of Chinese knock off airbrushes to paint my RC model airplanes with, and came to the conclusion that with a bit of practice I could probably forget the decals, and paint the markings as well. Towards that end I have a Iwata Eclipse HP-SPS that's speeding it's way to me even as we speak. As for a compressor I picked up a Senco 1/2hp compressor with a 1gal. tank that's orders of magnitude quieter than my old Porter Cable 3gal. pancake, which makes my ears happy, happy.

Welcome home Lindy , Nice to have you here and look forward to seeing you works.

Welcome from W.V. still love michigan and lived in cheboygan for 10 years WHILE IN THE COAST GUARD

Hi Lindy from the uk, glad you decided to stop lurking. There are a few RC plane enthusiasts around here, so hopefully they can give you some pointers. You got a good brush coming. I imagine the side cup, that can be moved to stay level while the airbrush is getting into awkward angles to paint models will be a real boon.

In the meantime if you haven't already, check out the airbrush tutors free tutorials to get you started on everything you need to learn to paint with an AB. :)

Welcome to the forum from NH. Watch out for Meeshell, she's from your neck of the woods, but she ain't right in the head. Luv ya Meesh!

Welcome to the forum from NH. Watch out for Meeshell, she's from your neck of the woods, but she ain't right in the head. Luv ya Meesh!
Whoa, whoa, whoa!! Lmao!! Ok, so maybe Im a little touched in zee head :confused:
Anyhoo, welcome aboard!! Im wayyyy south of you.

If you haven't noticed we like to mess with our friends here. Keeps it fun and interesting.

Thanks for all the kind words guys...
@ Squishy: I'll definitely be checking out the tutorials at least until dagger strokes become a bit more intuitive to do :)
@ wmlepage: Being not right in the head is quite normal for yoopers, so MeeshellMP will fit right in dere eh :)
@ MeeshellMP: Troll dere eh? that's okay I have plenty of troll friends, and like I told wmlepage beein' one off in da' noggin' just means you'd fit right in north of da' bridge. :)

Hi Lindy, welcome to the forum. You've got a great brush heading your way. You won't regret it. Can't wait to see some of your art. Post em up when you can. :)

LOL!! We cross the bridge alot. Was just up there late September on the Harleys. Went to the Soo Locks

Back