Not Happy With Amazon

Funny that your username is flycatchr and mine is flytier. Maybe we should go into business together and round up some of those pesky flies! :)

I thought I replied to this a couple of days ago. Anyhow... The teflon tape trick worked beautifully. While looking at the parts included with the other needle, I realized that I was originally missing both a needle nozzle and a spray regulator. I am about to see of I can get in touch with Ken to see what we can do. Bikergranny, I got the thing through Amazon. I guess the free shipping was the big draw. I've bought a bunch of stuff through from Amazon over the years. This is the first time things went awry.

Anyhow thanks so much for the comments and advice!
who was the vendor flytier

Flytier,

Sorry for my hasty email before.

I have been forwarded the email that I believe you sent our customer service department. I have emailed you the following email in hopes of resolving your concerns with the Krome you purchased. I have reposetd my email below. Please note I will be better able to keep up with a dialogue by email rather than in the forum. So I'd appreciate your reply to my email in addition to any additional posts replies.

EMAIL SENT 8/29 0400 UK TIME

I can tell you this - the airbrush you posses most certainly had a tip and needle in it when it left our USA manufacturing facility. Each airbrush is tested in use before it leaves the factory - and the airbrush will not spray at all without a tip.

The paint tip of the Krome is quite small and is not a threaded component. It can easily fall from the airbrush if absolute care is not taken during disassembly - someone who is not familiar with the Krome and has not read the disassembly instructions may not even realize it has fallen out and may not even realize it was there to beigin with.

A missing needle would be immediately evident as the trigger would likely fall out of the airbrush and its absence would be visibly detectable at the handle's cut out.

Did you by the airbrush from an Amazon reseller or from their "discount" depot?

Did you put the FINE needle/nozzle set up in the airbrush?

Did you ever post something here or elsewhere in a moment of frustration and later just felt silly for lashing out? Such is the case for the beginning of this thread.

I am now a lifelong Badger customer and fan just because Ken personally contacted me while he was on a trip to the U.K. and we worked things out. If that's not customer service, I don't know what is.

To the Badger Company, Ken, and there readers of this forum, I apologize. My knee-jerk, negative assessment of the situation was completely unwarranted.

Oh, and I've been having a lot of fun with the FINE needle nozzle that came with the Krome. Lots to learn, but very enjoyable.

Hi! This thread is a bit dated, but hopefully someone will see this & respond. I have a new Master G22 & G25 set, and both with the same problem. I get blowback up through the color cup. When I remove the nozzle cap & needle cap, they both work fine, but as soon as I put the caps back on, the blowback starts again. These are brand new & this is the first week i've used them.

I've read some stuff here about using teflon tape on a Badger, but not sure how/where/if doing that would help me. HELP!!!

@MikeWSand
How about heading to the introduction section and giving us a bit of info about you - where you are, what paint you are using etc... are you hoping to be painting artworks/RC Models/lures

As for the blowback its a common symptom of a blockage. once the caps are back on the air is going where its suppose to, but cant, so it blows out through the cup. A good clean will sort it out, but without knowing what paint you are using we cant suggest what to use as a cleaner.

Jack,

Thanks for the reply. I took your advice & filled out the intro section some.

I've got this thing as close to surgically clean as I can manage. I think the air pressure may be excessive & I'm going to try dialing that down today. Stay tuned!

http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/ I think this is where Jackie was talking about when she said something about making an introduction.
What paint are you using ?
Water base paint ? get some http://www.coastairbrush.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Restorer and soak only the nozzle in it . It will cause any rubber seals to swell so only the nozzle and you may be surprised of just how much dried paint is left in the nozzle .
Urethane is just soaking the nozzle in what ever reducer you use.
But bubbles in the cup can show other problems too like a cracked nozzle , Bad seat where the nozzle cap goes (Bees was works wonders on threads)
Jeweler loop works great for checking for cracked nozzles.
When you first start out (or get back into ) airbrush you can tend to try and drive the needle in too deep which can cause the nozzle to crack.
So just in case a good soak does not fix the problem at least now you have other things you can check as well

Back