For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

October Bio-Mech Competition - Sponsored by Custom Paint Magazine!

Discussion in 'Competitions!' started by airbrushtutor, Sep 30, 2013.

1. airbrushtutor

airbrushtutor Love Spreading Overseer Admin

This competition is sponsored by:
    custompaint.jpg CUSTOM PAINT MAGAZINE
    Boom!! October is the month of Bio-Mechanical airbrushing creativity across the globe!

We're doing things slightly differently to previous competitions and the voting system has changed to promote accurate and fair voting across the board!Let's get into the details then!!
    The Reference and Criteria:

bald-woman1.jpg

At least half of the reference above MUST be included in your artwork for an eligible entry - it can be any (viewable/ recognisable) size within your artwork and it would be acceptable for you to include only half of the reference (vertically/ left or right side). That means you can split this sucker open right down the center!!
    So how is this Bio-Mech?? Well that's completely up to you! We thought we'd supply a loose definition:

Basically you could google these keywords for references:Giger, terminator, aliens, predator, industry, steampunk etc.Here are a couple of references supplied by the great people of the forum to give you an idea:

biomech.jpg biomech1.jpg biomech2.jpg biomech3.jpg

You could also check this thread for references: http://www.airbrushforum.org/competitions/6950-october-biomech-competition.html

This is a full color competition, you can airbrush on any type of surface, illustration airbrush techniques are all allowed, however we would discourage the use of anything besides an airbrush. We would like to see details, busy artworks, poisonous colours, gears, mechanics, darkness/ contrast - create your own bio-mechanical world!
    It sounds difficult, but that's a positive - the fewer entrants, the more chance you have of walking away with a prize! That isn't what this is about though - the main focus of a competition is to get you painting! This gives you an excuse to spend an hour a night painting a masterpiece and working towards improving your airbrushing and adding a piece to the collection!

Here Come the Rules, Son:

• You can add anything of your choosing to the foreground or background
    • Please keep your pictures 'M' rated - if the image is too gory or offensive/ extreme nudity - then we won't be able to publicly post the image, which would make it difficult to vote for!
    • One entry per person!
    • The use of stencils/ masking are most definitely allowed - that's all part of airbrushing
    • to be eligible to WIN a prize (not enter) you must have at least 10 posts on the forum! Spam would most likely be moderated also, so honest posts please :)

You have 1 month to complete your entry, last entries will be accepted up until midnight of 31st October for your local timezone and entries can be sent to competition@airbrushtutor.com! - Please make sure you have your forum username in the entry e-mail!

Should you have any questions or concerns please feel free to ask a question in this competition thread - updates to the prizes will be announced with a post title and edited in this original post - should there need to be any updates to the rules we will also use this thread to inform people, good luck everyone!

Voting as follows:

First round: Forum vote. We decided to make this the first round this time instead of the Facebook round, reason being is that this way all the pictures will maintain the same anonymity. A poll will be set up much like the POM where you will get to have one vote for your favourite, DO NOT vote for yourself as we can see that and that one vote will be discounted so make it count!. The voting for this round will go on for 2(maybe 3) days and a winner will be announced...hooray!!
    The winners pic will then be removed from the next round for obvious reasons, but the winner will then take part in the judging for the next rounds[​IMG]

Second round: Facebook vote. Because of the controversy last time with people being able to buy votes off eBay we decided to change it slightly giving more power back to the forum members. Mitch will put a 'link' and 'share' page on FB for all the world to see and then it's up to you to share and get as many votes as you can.
    This round really is more about promotion and networking of the forum and ABtutor.com , and of course 'spreading the love' and in the mean time thousands of people will get to see you work which is cool, so don't get to hung up on the person with the most friends will win thing! This time we will take the top 10 Facebook votes after 2/3 days of voting and then get a panel together including the winner from the first round of us mods and guests to decide on the winner.
    The winners pic like the first round will be removed and the winner will join the winner from the first round to judge in the final round[​IMG].

Third round: Panel vote. This one will be decided by a selected panel made up of the two previous winners plus special guest and Mitch and mods(except those that entered a piece). And the judging for this will be based mainly on creativity and NOT technical skills to give those beginners a better chance of a prize.

THE COMPETITION IS NOW OPEN! IT ENDS ON MIDNIGHT 31.10.13 GMT!
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  2. Alaskatazdvl

Alaskatazdvl Spider Splatterer

Sounds awesome. Hope I get some time to participate. :)
  3. Zotilraxx

Zotilraxx Air-Valve Autobot!

I am in...

Creative juices are now.flowing....
  4. m3ntalo

m3ntalo Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

Cool. I try to participate aswell.

Greetings, René.
  5. airbrushtutor

airbrushtutor Love Spreading Overseer Admin

good to see a few familiar faces back here :)
  6. Patch

Patch Elite Member! Elite Member!

I'm in too
  7. DituMirceaClaudiu

DituMirceaClaudiu Gravity Guru

Can it be in only black and white ? :( i'm terrible with colours ?Anyway, i'm in !!!
  8. jafaime

jafaime Young Tutorling

Sounds Like Fun! Ill make something cool :)
  9. shadow2462

shadow2462 Elite Member! Elite Member!

I'm in, not for a prize but just to keep pushing myself to do something I'm normally too chicken to try lol.
  10. ad fez

ad fez kind of a big deal = Admington

anything you like buddy. ... just so long add you use at least half ( vertical slice) of the reference
  11. jbzr

jbzr Young Tutorling

Oh Yes!!!, i sing :)
  12. airbrushingferret

airbrushingferret Air-Valve Autobot!

can it be a bio mechanical airbushing ferret airbrushing the alien. as long as the votings changed to be more fair and not up to how many friends you have on f book i guess im in. that is if i have the time this month i have two sit downs and i mightt be going to floarubda also I am right now starting a 3foot by 4 foot moon painting and i have another after it same size moma ferrets friend still wants paintings the rasta guy at the coffee shop is still screaming for his space paintings ..........I guess i might could be in at least i have the posts
  13. airbrushingferret

airbrushingferret Air-Valve Autobot!

awe heck now i got a great ideanow i have to do it do we have to remain anonymous although i think everyone will know mine with the idea i have
  14. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with, that's my favourite part. And as I'm in love with my eclipse, I'd certainly love to win another one, although just having a crack at the challenge is enough for me.
  15. jagardn

jagardn Airbrush Acquisition Disorder Patient Elite Member!

Damn, I didn't even start my other All Star Challenge piece yet...maybe I'll just sit this one out. ;)
  16. Diegojavbau

Diegojavbau Air-Valve Autobot!

I'm in , this will be fun !!!
  17. turnkey

turnkey Young Tutorling

Well as a newbie im gona have a go as I could really do with good airbrush ....
    Unless ofcourse the Airbrush fairy pops one in my man cave :triumphant:
  18. turnkey

turnkey Young Tutorling

Lol.... jagardn I think uve got some nice brushes listed already my friend you dont need any more :D
  19. Oxygen

Oxygen Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

I love biomech. Think I might give it a go as well.
  20. MrDigBick

MrDigBick Moist and Milky Elite Member!

excrement i went to bed thinking about this and had some awesome messed up dream!
    Even i'm going to have a crack :)