Paasche starter kit not pulling paint,thinner...

S

Sheppy

Hi I'm Sheppy, 37 gotta admit just jumped into the air brush scene, I got interested after cerakoteing a rifle with of all things a preval spray paint kit and not being able to use all the paint in the cup terrible odor and no control over spray I went to Hobby Lobby and got what I could afford a paasche starter kit for 25$ used it once and must mention that I have to use a can of propellant until I get a compressor, long story short after first use I ran acetone thru it and couldn't get it to spray anything but co2 and finally got to spray very lightly shaking the propellant and it says not to so what are your thoughts needle clogged or low pressure

Ok what kind of paint are you running through this thing? Did you thin the paint? What are you trying to paint with it?

I've never used one of those starter kits but I would assume they are going to provide sketchy results at best. I do remember the days of using the Propel cans... If at all possible a compressor is going to be a major improvement! Harbor Freight sells a decent little compressor for not a whole lot of money if you happen to live in the States. For a few bucks more they sell a kit that comes with an airbrush that is probably light years ahead of your current Paasche unit!

If you haven't done so already, why not pop over to the Intro section and introduce yourself over there? We are nosy here and would love to know everything about you. :)

Ok it's cerakote paint it's almost water like but have been told it is on the level of a powder coat, I'm just waiting for another pay check to get a compressor or maybe just a whole kot

So I just watched a couple of videos about Cerakote, and yeah in typical useless YouTube style, these guys were like "use an airbrush..." Ok wow thanks for all that wonderful info guys! So anyway I guess it must be possible to spray it thru what you have. You may need a compressor to get the right psi to make that stuff flow properly.

Kinda what I figured and the lids on the jars that came with are plastic and the outlet is starting to Waller around and round out the hole that it sits in May just need to exchange it.... At least it did come with an air compressor adapter for when I get one

I'm thinking I might not have cleaned it properly because the first time I shot with it I was amazed the all bad after I cleaned it and it sat for a while

Back