For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register
  1. Please come answer our poll on a Picture of the Month calendar.
    poll-for-pom-calerdar-for-2015

Paasche VL problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting!' started by dogislandartworks, Dec 18, 2012.

1. dogislandartworks

dogislandartworks Young Tutorling

Hi all,

Twice in as many months I have dropped my Paasche VL and, after inspecting and it looking fine, I noticed that it constantly lets air through even when the trigger is not depressed. I have taken them both apart and all parts seem fine, yet no matter what I do, I cannot keep the air from coming through. I obviously have some valve damage, but I don't know how to fix it. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Dan
  2. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose SuperMod

I assume you are talking about the trigger air valve is allowing air to pass through even when the trigger is not depressed.
    You have either crushed the rubber o-ring causing it to split or crack or damaged the valve locking screw causing the valve needle to bind. or tweeked the valve needle itself. I have had the valve needle bend just enough to keep it open when I first started out. drove me crazy trying to figure it out. Ended up just replacing all the parts in side the valve needle housing. Fix the problem .
    Being I am not sure in what country you live that is about all the advice I can offer.
    Hard to suggest places to get affordable parts without at least a country to go by.

Oh and invest in a airbrush holder helps with not letting it drop....LOL
  3. dogislandartworks

Thanks, Herb. I purchased a new air valve assembly, but the problem persists. I have changed the needle, but that did not do it. Are there o-rings in the valve casing other than the one that sits on the valve plunger? I am at a loss and I have 2 of these stinging things acting the same way...
  4. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

Is the air coming through the nozzle? On both of them? Sounds odd, and double odd if it's the same for both! I hope you don't think this is a stupid question, but is it possible you haven't put them together quite right?
  5. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose SuperMod

Here is a link to the break down of the VL

VL Parts
  6. dogislandartworks

Well, the damage happened on dropping it, so it didn't have to do with how I put it together. Yeah, the air is coming out of the nozzle on both. I ordered some guts for each and will strip out and try from scratch.
  7. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

Hope this works out for you, let us know how it all goes.