Paint Pals and those damn posties

Malky

Pencil Pushing Protagonist
So got up bright and early this morning hoping for my paint pal to arrive, I sat for ages drinking coffee and just waiting..............and waiting..............and waiting................and even more waiting, and then YESSSSS!!!!!!! there was a knock at the door which I knew had to be the post man because as usual during paint pals he didn't knock too hard hoping I wouldn't hear it, so I opened the door and grabbed him by the throat and pulled the bugger inside and said "Come one then where is it? where is it? give it to me FFS" so he gave me a package which immediately put a smile on my face (could have been a smirk, can't remember) anyway, I let the guy out after straightening out his his shirt and giving a little dust down, I took the package to my room and thought to myself "this must one very special paint pal" all boxed up and carefully wrapped, maybe it's painted on something very vulnerable or even valuable, I opened up the package and after wrestling with about 50 square meters of bubble wrap and 6 bags of cheetos (which by the way happened to be fake) to my horror there was no paint pal at all, all I got was this :eek::eek::eek:

20160917_084556.jpg

20160917_085028.jpg
After this horrific discovery I ran out of the door to try to catch the post man with the intention of ripping out his throat a bit like that scene at the end of Roadhouse, always wanted to that, but the bugger had already vacated the village, I phoned the post office to complain, I can't remember too much about the conversation but there was some mention of restraining orders or something:confused:

I suppose I might as well try to make use of this although I will have to go online to find out how it works because the instruction sheet that came with it is the same one I got with my eclipse, even has a little drawing of the eclipseo_O why does this stuff have be so complicated? and why can't I just have a paint pal?:)

Connect the hose to your mouth and blow...
Another sweet gun there Malky

Thanks Paul, I ordered this at 13:00 yesterday and it came this morning at 08:00, I think Marissa already had it in her hand when I ordered and to kill a little time she even threw in one of those little Iwata nozzle tool thingies and some kind of weird gel pen. :)

Shes so good at the freebies :) i want to order the new paints shes released but the postage is out of control now :( there comes a point when it no longer makes sense!

I covet one of those little Iwata nozzle things... and those cheetos, nasty stuff! Must admit, I'd be a bit of a mixed bag, I mean you're right, it's not a PP BUT hey, that is a nice brush!

Oh boy, I would hate to be the postman coming to your house. And if I was, I knock at the door softly put the package down then run. Wait do that the other way around put the package down first. Then nock and run.

Yes, the local posties know we all get pretty tetchy around PP time... good for them there are only 3 or so a year!

Shes so good at the freebies :) i want to order the new paints shes released but the postage is out of control now :( there comes a point when it no longer makes sense!

I'm just lucky enough to be in the same country since in my case the postage is free:thumbsup: I think out of all the orders I've made there I only paid postage once for an order under €50, I've also never had to wait for anything, the staff in the warehouse are clearly on the ball and everything comes the very next day, when I ordered my eclipse, they sent me the wrong one by mistake, but I still had the correct model the day after I emailed them and they arranged for me to send the other one back free of charge:)

I covet one of those little Iwata nozzle things... and those cheetos, nasty stuff! Must admit, I'd be a bit of a mixed bag, I mean you're right, it's not a PP BUT hey, that is a nice brush!

Yes indeed Mark, the brush is a very fitting consolation prize and should keep me quiet until my Paint Pal arrives, ha ha ha "keep me quiet" as if that was ever possible:)

Oh boy, I would hate to be the postman coming to your house. And if I was, I knock at the door softly put the package down then run. Wait do that the other way around put the package down first. Then nock and run.

Yes Johnny, this is a very dangerous time for posties:eek::eek::eek::)

Oh Malky, i'm so sorry, i know how much you dislike being disappointed.
I'm sure that someone has put out an alert that PP is on again, so many havent shown up yet.
Here's hoping that you can cope with just an airbrush for now.

Oh Malky, i'm so sorry, i know how much you dislike being disappointed.
I'm sure that someone has put out an alert that PP is on again, so many havent shown up yet.
Here's hoping that you can cope with just an airbrush for now.

It's going to be difficult but I think I just might get by:)

Congrats on your another good tool! It's your the 2nd one SB+, isn't it?

Don't treat the postman in a manner you do, as the next time you'll be awaiting for the PP to arrive, something terrible can happen! Like CM-SB will be delivered, for example.

Congrats on your another good tool! It's your the 2nd one SB+, isn't it?

Don't treat the postman in a manner you do, as the next time you'll be awaiting for the PP to arrive, something terrible can happen! Like CM-SB will be delivered, for example.

It is indeed my second, I recommended one to someone else a couple of days ago and suddenly missed mine so got me another, I don't really want the CM-SB unless it was possible with the 0.23 head, I couldn't get anything out of my old CM-B and got the most pleasure out of my old HP-BH, but I like the side feeds now because I seem to have more control over the paint flow, I also think it is a shame that the micron don't have the same beautiful chrome back handle as this new one does, to me it just looks nicer, I never use the preset handle but it looks nice:)

After @AndreZA does a full review of his Olympos there is a very good chance I'll get that one too and then I think I will have everything I need, except talent of course, lol

What a bunch of bar stewards those mother frolicking posties are. I've never known such a load of merry funstering, bug crunching, lick noses in all my days. A complete load of twonks.

What a bunch of bar stewards those mother frolicking posties are. I've never known such a load of merry funstering, bug crunching, lick noses in all my days. A complete load of twonks.

Don't beat around the bush Squish, just let it out:thumbsup::):)

Well, got to tell it like it is. They don't bring you a PP, but some shiny metal tubey thing (what's that all about??) they haven't bought me a PP, or delivered the one I sent. So those hairy backed Mothering Sundays better start delivering the goods, or else get the flock out of here, before they get their chestnuts roasted. Those merry flippers want to be looking over their shoulders, or they're gonna get coq au vin'd.

It is indeed my second, I recommended one to someone else a couple of days ago and suddenly missed mine so got me another, I don't really want the CM-SB unless it was possible with the 0.23 head, I couldn't get anything out of my old CM-B and got the most pleasure out of my old HP-BH, but I like the side feeds now because I seem to have more control over the paint flow, I also think it is a shame that the micron don't have the same beautiful chrome back handle as this new one does, to me it just looks nicer, I never use the preset handle but it looks nice:)

After @AndreZA does a full review of his Olympos there is a very good chance I'll get that one too and then I think I will have everything I need, except talent of course, lol

You can buy 0,23 head on e-bay for a steal. Maybe it's Frank's lot, I haven't check. 60 bucks for a head is sweet, less than iwata's, even more than twice less. That head is 0,23mm. Olympos micron head fits iwata's as original one. If you'll be ordering HP-SB Olympos you could buy the head with the airbrush for not to pay extra shipping costs.
BTW, Frank has those chrome handles for microns!;)

I also like chrome handles, but will leave micron's handle in peace:) I thought to sand one and polish original one, and than to chromeplate it.
I also don't use those preset screws, moreover don't understand them installed in detail ABs. They're better to be installed in ABs like Eclipse, where sometimes preset paint flow is required. Just my thoughts:)

SB microns aren't gravity microns, as my experience shows. I even like more HP-SB+ than MP-200C.

Whew I was reading that and was like no way did someone send a SB as a gift. That would be the holiest of gifts right there. LOL

Back