Paint-Paper Combination!

I have never heard of this paint before you mentioned it the other day, but if it works for you then its good. :)

Results look good. I've also never heard of the paint and the term "illustration board" does not say much. There are hundreds of brands and each will give different results. What ever you do, just make sure you lay down paint and not just coloured water and try never to break the surface of the paper.

Never heard of that brand of paint but from the results you have posted it looks like its a good combination. Just remember what illustration board you use as they differ between brands.

Lee

I have never heard of this paint before you mentioned it the other day, but if it works for you then its good. :)

Results look good. I've also never heard of the paint and the term "illustration board" does not say much. There are hundreds of brands and each will give different results. What ever you do, just make sure you lay down paint and not just coloured water and try never to break the surface of the paper.

The paint is a national brand, according to the maker it is an acrylic enamel, it is for use doing fileteado (kind of pinstriping), it is very fine grounding and it flows very nice, of course with my limited knowledge, and the paper is from a brand called Paperland again a national one and it is a kind of coated paper,it is not a heavy coated but not too absorvent either, the only disadvantage is that only came in A4. Today or tomorrow I'll get some synthetic paper from a paper wholesaler and see how it goes!!
As I have never tryed the papers and the like substrates used here and without any experience in erasing technics, I could't know if it was ok to try use them, thanx for your answers and I will try them in my next painting after I finish the Mighty Hulk

Finally I’ve got the synthetic paper, and without any minute lost I tested it:
Paints: Com-Art Black and Eterna Payne Gray
Paper: http://www.dimagraf.com/producto/172/NAN-YA.html , Paperland illustration
First Thought: Man this thing is nice, very soft, it is like 0,5mm abs plastic, cant brake it and you can only cut it with a sharp x-acto or scissors. I never saw Dru’s paper or Yupo or any other brand in person so I don’t have any comparing point more than what you could say me after watching this thread, so I thanks in advance your replies.
IMG_4658.JPG

As @AndreZA suggested I went 100% whith the paint first and let them dry 10 minutes before start to test them and this are the end results.
IMG_4643.JPG

PD: The vertical lines are the taping test +20 minutes after I painted them.

IMG_4669.JPG

Final Thought: I must say that work with Com-Art and water was a pleasure and to my limited knowledge, it worked fine with both papers as it was easy to get the differents erasing levels with all the tools, more in the synthetic than the Illustration one, can’t say the same with any of the other combinations as it was almost all or nothing, so to me Com-art + Water and any of the papers is the right path. When I worked in layers with Eterna it worked fine but if the paint layer is too dense it won’t work at all, so I will only use it for regular mate paper to practice.

Thanks for watching and hopes that can help someone, at least for the Argentinian guys.
Please let me know your thoughts!

Back