For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Paint

Discussion in 'Airbrush Paints' started by Jesper, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Jesper

Jesper Young Tutorling

I am having some problems with the paint that I got, the Vallejo game air.

What paint is recomened for a beginner painting on cardbord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. JackEb

JackEb The Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

where are you located Jesper ? we can then find out what is in your area and recommend accordingly
  3. Jurien72

Jurien72 Have Airbrush - Will Travel!

If available, the Createx line is probably a good choice (Its what I use) Im sure others may have better choices.
    Jesper likes this.
  4. Jesper

Jesper Young Tutorling

In in Denmark....

5. DaveG

DaveG Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

Hi, Jesper - I have not worked too much with the Vallejo paints, but I do know some people that use them regularly. It is my understanding that there are two things that work very well with them - which are the brand name thinner, and the flow improver. I hear, particularly the flow improver makes a huge difference in the use of the paints through the airbrush. If possible, before switching complete paint systems, you may want to try these two things.

There are quite a few different brands of airbrush specific paints - Createx, especially the Illustration and Bloodline colors are very good, but tend to also need reduction with their own proprietary mediums. Golden Hi Flow Acrylics tend to work very well, Com-art colors, and E'tac paints tend to work very well. Hmm, in Denmark, there are also some European colors that I am not very familiar with - Holbein, and Schmincke come to mind. I have no personal experience with these two, but have heard of and seen some very good works produced with them.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  6. markjthomson

markjthomson Very happy! Staff Member Mod

Good recommendations from @DaveG What specifically is the problem you are finding?
    DaveG likes this.
  7. JonasCalhoun

JonasCalhoun Double Actioner

I love game air. What issues are you having?

8. mike k

mike k Young Tutorling

mike here from new jersey, i personallu use holbein and schmincke, its crazy cause my lafybis an atrist and when i started she said i will have obne main go to paint which for me is holbein, and i will like colors from different brands then holbein and its true, so i cant really say i use one paint, only holbein most of the time along with schmincke, i have createx, wivked, jacquard, tamiys. vallejo, etc etc etc i can keep going i found buying starter packs from almost wvery brand that sold them to be beneficial, then i toom a weekend and compared yhem, with only useing one brush, so i guess basically what im saying is, i alot of different paint, but have a go to primary paint