This is on a 24" x 20" Fredrix watecolour canvas panel. I gave it thin coat of gesso just to get it a bit white, not to get rid of the texture. I traced the image using a projector. I did it in colours I'll be painting. This way you don't confuse line and the paint covers it more easily. Close up of all the colours. I use Derwent watercolour pencils. I painted in the background with a brush and tube aclylics. This is a mixture of lamp black and ultramarine blue. I painted the edge just a fraction smaller than what is needed because I went over it with the airbrush to soften it. This way the subject will not look cut out. Some other bits were added that needed the same colour. Starting with burnt umber, I started with the biggest piece. the blue stuff on the side of the meat is Molotow liquid mask to preserve the highlights. Build up more and used a stencil for added texture.Started adding in the other elements. The cheese I also painted in but used E'tac for that. It's a bit out of sequence but I just wanted to see the contrast. Filling in more of the other elements. All still burnt umber.