Picked up a MOJO III

The newer needles are hardened steel, they just have such a fine point and long taper due to the adjustable cap.

Found the problem. It was a bad air cap. Luckily I ordered another set. Took out the parts tonight swapping one piece at a time. Was able to pull fine lines at about 10psi. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407728021.364249.jpg

Yay , there you go.... Nice fine consistent lines.... Just what you want!

Glad you figured it out, we were dancing around the cap so was on the right track haha. Be sure to let Mike know this so he can re evaluate his stock and I know he will replace it for free.

Yeah I knew it was about that time again lol! So when it was spraying good for those 2 seconds how'd you like it? Is it heavy, awkward or feels awesome in your hand, been thinking of trying one of the Mojo's for quite some time now. I use to be on Mike's site Justin, it's not up and running anymore?

Yeah I knew it was about that time again lol! So when it was spraying good for those 2 seconds how'd you like it? Is it heavy, awkward or feels awesome in your hand, been thinking of trying one of the Mojo's for quite some time now. I use to be on Mike's site Justin, it's not up and running anymore?
It's running just fine and full of sponsors now, just no one posts. Its basically me, Mike and dubie. There hasn't been a new post in over a month. No chat room, no live streams or the Friday night bs chat streams from back in the day I miss. The mojo looks a little big but it's actually pretty light and since it's bulkier it's easier to hold, well at least for my bear hands.

Man that place used to be super busy but all I see now is Mike building a car on fb. probably been a year since I've been over there, took way to long to try and go on with my phone I couldn't stand it.

Yeah its worse now it takes forever to load, even on a pc. It's mac optimized so that's part of it. It started dying off probably a year and half ago after all the pros stopped posting. Rod was doing a post every Thursday and until recently stopped. Course he busy with Sema and whatnot. Hell Don hasn't been on for almost a year and he was practically married to the site. When they started trying twitter and the fb bs, that's when it started. Closing the site and not answering emails for over 6 months was just the nail in the coffin.

I'll take some side by side pics as a reference to size, next to Micron and H&S. I'll put the weights on there too. The Mojo is definitely beefier than any other brush I have.

Didn't Mike switch over to stainless steel strengthened needles or something, thought I read something about that.

I needed a couple things from Coast like green tape, new micron nozzle and a few empty 2 0z bottles and whammo $178 later lol! I still ask myself why we picked the most expensive hobby on the planet!!

I needed a couple things from Coast like green tape, new micron nozzle and a few empty 2 0z bottles and whammo $178 later lol! I still ask myself why we picked the most expensive hobby on the planet!!
The internet is an evil place. Just a few clicks and a whole bunch of new excrement shows up at your house. And some gremlins empty your bank account.

Didn't Mike switch over to stainless steel strengthened needles or something, thought I read something about that.
Yes they are stainless steel. Only the first run ones weren't.

I can think of a few hobbies of mine that are way more expensive lol but yeah. My last order from coast and also literally the last order I'll ever make to them, was over $1000. I had only planned on $400 but kept clicking lol

Try cycling. I did that for many years. Stopped for a few years and could afford a trip to France. After a few more years of riding I sold everything and could afford my two Iwata, lab compressor, paints and trip to the Netherlands for a class.

I got an email back from Mike. He is going to get me a replacement air cap. I ordered a .2mm setup for it, he is going to toss the air cap in with my order. He did ask me to ship back the bad one so he could measure and check what was causing the issue.

Hey , does Austin Powers international spy come with that ?
I thought about getting a mojo when they used the Rich pens but then thought how hard would it be to get parts 10 years down the line.
Being According to what I read , Mike Learn customizes each one .

Hey , does Austin Powers international spy come with that ?
I thought about getting a mojo when they used the Rich pens but then thought how hard would it be to get parts 10 years down the line.
Being According to what I read , Mike Learn customizes each one .

I talked to him on the phone last night. He does tune and test each one himself. He does have parts for the Rich Pen versions according to his site.

Back