Picked up a MOJO III

Sent you a PM

Hey have you used your Mojo lately on any of your work? I really kinda wanna give the newer version of these one more go.
The MOJO III does have quite a few really good design features, and with the new nozzle/needle combo, I wanna see if I can make it work.

Hey have you used your Mojo lately on any of your work? I really kinda wanna give the newer version of these one more go.
The MOJO III does have quite a few really good design features, and with the new nozzle/needle combo, I wanna see if I can make it work.

Yes, I've been using it for the detail work on this piece.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414374704.376679.jpg

The trigger response is immediate and the control you can get with the Size 0 is great. I did have a few problems initially, but once the bad air cap was replaced, it's been smooth sailing.

Did you ever have a problem with turning on the air and getting a dot? If I'm up really close and turn on the air and I'll get a dot. Have you ever had lines drag on after you you've shut off the air? For example like in a dagger stroke?

Did you ever have a problem with turning on the air and getting a dot? If I'm up really close and turn on the air and I'll get a dot. Have you ever had lines drag on after you you've shut off the air? For example like in a dagger stroke?

Yes to the dot issue, the trigger is very responsive. The tiniest bit back from the home position and that can happen. The line dragging on would probably be from paint drying in the nozzle where the needle seals against it. Probably need to clean the nozzle. Both problems you are describing could be caused by dried paint issue.

Ok. The line issue though was with a brand new .3 front end and it started as soon as the paint went in...

Ok. The line issue though was with a brand new .3 front end and it started as soon as the paint went in...

Try loosening the needle chuck, then rotating the needle with very slight forward pressure. Many times if there is a small piece of debris in the tip of the nozzle it will knock it loose. Re tighten the needle chuck and try it again.

You need to use a very fine grind paint in a all nozzle set up. Createx illustration reduced, inks, ETac EFX straight, urethanes . Stuff like that. Not that something like wicked can't work it just needs more care to keep it flowing well in a tiny nozzle.

.3 should blow wicked no problem through. I have had great results with what Jeff told you to try and that is with my .18 micron.

And you have no problems with "0" needle?

I use nothing but the Size 0. As long as I keep flushing it properly it's all good. I only remove the nozzle or air cap if I start to have issues. This applies to every brush I own. When I do run into issues, I then strip the airbrush down and do a thorough cleaning, which is maybe every two months. Really depends on how much I am painting.

Hi guys , I new on here. I know this thread is quite old but I wanted to type in of the subject of the Mojo 3. I am interested in buying one , I went to the facebook site for mojo 3 next generation and asked about the needle and fluid tip size being 0.12mm . I watched a youtube video of Mike learn talking about the small head size for the finest of detail. I quickly got a response on the facebook site that the Mojo 3 was no longer available. Is the brush now out of production? thanks guys.

Hi guys , I new on here. I know this thread is quite old but I wanted to type in of the subject of the Mojo 3. I am interested in buying one , I went to the facebook site for mojo 3 next generation and asked about the needle and fluid tip size being 0.12mm . I watched a youtube video of Mike learn talking about the small head size for the finest of detail. I quickly got a response on the facebook site that the Mojo 3 was no longer available. Is the brush now out of production? thanks guys.

They should still be available.
Do a search for Mojo Airbrush, it should get you there.

I may be selling mine soon if you are interested.

They should still be available.
Do a search for Mojo Airbrush, it should get you there.

I may be selling mine soon if you are interested.
Thanks Jagardn :) I was wondering if I could get your opinion on the mojo 3 's trigger? I know that the mojo 3 is based off of the paasche talon and that mike has made massive customized changes from the talon platform. I have a talon tg and I find the trigger to be very gritty and not at all smooth like my Iwata hp-bc1. Did mike make major changes to the trigger for the mojo 3 or is it stock? and does the mojo 3 come with a 0.12mm needle and fluid tip like he had said would be in production in one of his youtube videos? thanks Colin :)

Thanks Jagardn :) I was wondering if I could get your opinion on the mojo 3 's trigger? I know that the mojo 3 is based off of the paasche talon and that mike has made massive customized changes from the talon platform. I have a talon tg and I find the trigger to be very gritty and not at all smooth like my Iwata hp-bc1. Did mike make major changes to the trigger for the mojo 3 or is it stock? and does the mojo 3 come with a 0.12mm needle and fluid tip like he had said would be in production in one of his youtube videos? thanks Colin :)
The trigger is smooth for sure. I personally prefer my Iwata and H&S brushes.

Thanks for the offer of buying your Mojo! :) how much would you be asking ? just curious lol :)
I'll have to check what I have.
Should be the brush/tools.
Spare size 0 needle and nozzle.
.2mm needle and nozzle.
.6mm needle and nozzle with fan tip.
Probably be asking
$150, but I'll double check what would come with it.

The trigger is smooth for sure. I personally prefer my Iwata and H&S brushes.

I'll have to check what I have.
Should be the brush/tools.
Spare size 0 needle and nozzle.
.2mm needle and nozzle.
.6mm needle and nozzle with fan tip.
Probably be asking
$150, but I'll double check what would come with it.
Thanks man , no worries the list you have looks like a lot of good stuff is included for only 150, that's awesome. I am looking to buy a really good detail brush in the very near future. I use to have a micron cm-b many many years ago and to by a micron now is too expensive plus the replacement parts are insane!! lmao . I have looked at the h&s infinity cr in .15mm or .2mm . I want to do fine detail for automotive but im not sure which size would be better for that and will the automotive paints like wicked or urethanes, house of color be too much for the .15mm set up. I was under the impression that something as small as .15mm would be more for illustrative inks and watercolors, its just so fine.

Back