Please help me make up my mind: HP-CP or Infinity?

The only thing with the trigger as for advice is with a larger nozzle brush you will get quicker trigger response for paint flow. Not that it will start sooner but as you begin to pull back for paint you will get more paint faster with a shorter pullback on the trigger. The finer the needle nozzle the same travel will give less paint which results in slightly easier control. In term of amount of paint. Everything relies on the owner of the brush. For example if I use an Eclipse with. .5 needle nozzle I can pull a pencil line but I have to be very gentle because with just a little more pull on that trigger I can end up flooding my surface with paint. On a fine needle nozzle like .2mm that same amount of travel is not going to spray as much paint. The reason being is the taper on the needle and opening on the nozzle. All that results in better control while pulling fine lines. Not that a larger brush can't pull the fine line. I hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist

The only thing with the trigger as for advice is with a larger nozzle brush you will get quicker trigger response for paint flow. Not that it will start sooner but as you begin to pull back for paint you will get more paint faster with a shorter pullback on the trigger. The finer the needle nozzle the same travel will give less paint which results in slightly easier control. In term of amount of paint. Everything relies on the owner of the brush. For example if I use an Eclipse with. .5 needle nozzle I can pull a pencil line but I have to be very gentle because with just a little more pull on that trigger I can end up flooding my surface with paint. On a fine needle nozzle like .2mm that same amount of travel is not going to spray as much paint. The reason being is the taper on the needle and opening on the nozzle. All that results in better control while pulling fine lines. Not that a larger brush can't pull the fine line. I hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist

It actually was really helpful! Thanks a lot!

The Iwatas are easier to control. With "spongy" they mean that when pressing down for air, you have a smooth travel of the trigger. With Iwata it is a distinctive click between air on and air off. There is no inbetween. Not that you need anything inbetween on and off. I only know one person that actually controls the air by pressing the trigger down a certain amount. It is a very difficult manoeuvre to pull off.

Install a softer spring under the trigger. Makes it very easy to control air flow.

Install a softer spring under the trigger. Makes it very easy to control air flow.
The HS infinity have a adjustable trigger spring. As new to airbrush a harder spring can for some be easier to handle and when you get more control you can make the spring softer.

Sendt fra min F8131 med Tapatalk

The HS infinity have a adjustable trigger spring. As new to airbrush a harder spring can for some be easier to handle and when you get more control you can make the spring softer.

Sendt fra min F8131 med Tapatalk
Most airbrush have an adjustable trigger pull back spring .

Most airbrush have an adjustable trigger pull back spring .

On the H&S Infinity, there is a multi piece spring retainer/chucking guide that does allow easy adjustment of the needle spring. Quite a few brushes do offer some sort of adjustment in this area as well, whether by multi-piece retainers, or by simply screwing the entire spring retainer/guide out a little.

In addition to this adjustment though, the H&S Infinity also uses a short enough spring in a deep enough threaded hole, to allow the user to make some pretty significant adjustment(s) to the amount of pressure needed to press the trigger down. Most other brushes would require the user to either find a softer spring, or clip coils off the existing spring. I find this a nice detail incorporated into the Infinity build.

I've read 3 pages of good advice and suggestions so now is the time that @Mihai has to make the decision on which airbrush to buy. Only then will they know if they like it or not. Buy both if the money is there and make the decision. Keep sell or return the one you don't like.

Lee

I've read 3 pages of good advice and suggestions so now is the time that @Mihai has to make the decision on which airbrush to buy. Only then will they know if they like it or not. Buy both if the money is there and make the decision. Keep sell or return the one you don't like.

Lee

Well said :thumbsup:

On the H&S Infinity, there is a multi piece spring retainer/chucking guide that does allow easy adjustment of the needle spring. Quite a few brushes do offer some sort of adjustment in this area as well, whether by multi-piece retainers, or by simply screwing the entire spring retainer/guide out a little.

In addition to this adjustment though, the H&S Infinity also uses a short enough spring in a deep enough threaded hole, to allow the user to make some pretty significant adjustment(s) to the amount of pressure needed to press the trigger down. Most other brushes would require the user to either find a softer spring, or clip coils off the existing spring. I find this a nice detail incorporated into the Infinity build.
Dave I own a Infinity. But until he actually buys an airbrush and uses it the point is mute and falling on deaf ears.
While research is great it is only good when putting it to use and learning first hand how something feels or responds. I hear a lot of the college students here where I work talk about trigger pull is lighter on such and such weapon . Yet none of them or very few have even shot a real weapon and are only talking about a video gun.
As Jord001 said it is now time for him to buy one or both of them and load paint , Pull trigger and learn ....

Its a very personal thing. For example almost everyone swaps out their trigger springs for softer ones - except me. I don't like em soft (heh). As a newbie, and yet to develop the muscle memory you need, you will develop your grip and trigger control to suit whichever brush you choose.
My vote is Iwata, unless you decide to use one as a javelin, (it's been known lol) parts are long lasting and hard wearing - though expensive to replace, you'll rarely need too.

Dave I own a Infinity. But until he actually buys an airbrush and uses it the point is mute and falling on deaf ears.
While research is great it is only good when putting it to use and learning first hand how something feels or responds. I hear a lot of the college students here where I work talk about trigger pull is lighter on such and such weapon . Yet none of them or very few have even shot a real weapon and are only talking about a video gun.
As Jord001 said it is now time for him to buy one or both of them and load paint , Pull trigger and learn ....

hehehehe, that was my reply to this thread about two pages ago...

I say if they can't make their mind up between the two, get a Badger:thumbsup:
Nope if they can not make up their mind which one to buy buy one of every brand out there and the ones they do not want send to you :D

I know both are amazing....I know that probably I will end up loving whichever I get...I just wanna make sure that my decision is final, without any doubts...so that I will not regret not getting the other one.

I can get one of those two..not both...If I would be able to get both..I would do it and and end this "mission". When they will be in stock I will go and handle them both...and probably decide based on which one feels better in my hand??? (I guess). Is that a good way of making a final decision? Both of them will last me the same amount of time if I am careful with them, right?

Best regards!

Back