Problems with seeding in the Candy 2.0

can you post a picture of the label with the barcode and batch number or e-mail it too me working on something . Have you seen the new updated tech sheet? here is a link http://createxcolors.com/application-guides.html
4030intercoat.jpg
candyblack.jpg
sorry for the slow reply... here's the products.
I have seen the updated spec sheets and assumed that it was an additive and not a replacement for the 4030 inter coat.
learn something new everyday ;)

I have to agree with you on the confusion part, I will see if I can get some clarity from AutoAir - The "black" label is the first or the old label the green is the new label for the 4030.
candyblack.jpg
4030intercoat.jpg
Here's the products that used. I have seen the updated spec sheets from the manufacturer about a week or so ago, and thought the new stuff was just an additive and not a replacement for the 4030... learn something new everyday ;)

Hi Ricky Thanks I will get on this in the morning (Tuesday) and see what I can find out for you in-regards to this happening, thinking I will probably just send you a new bottle of black -- The "product" didn't change just the label and "name" I suspect that this was done because of the discovery of what happens when using "multiple" layers of the 4030.

So a little update with the seeding issue I was having with the black candy and the reason it was happening. Before I made the post I had contacted Createx tech support. I had asked for any helpful suggestions on why this might be happening and how to avoid it. They replied a short time later.
First they had suggested that the best way to mix the candy is to mix it before hand in a separate jar before putting the mix into the airbrush ( The same method that I had used and had been recommended by @Maple Art ... Which is good advice ;) ).
Then they had informed me that 2 batches of candy black had issues with the ph. This in turn was causing the seeding. You called it @Squishy." A bad batch".They did not specify if this has happened to any other colours other then the black. But if the seeding you are experiencing has a consistency that resembles black pond slime. I would suggest giving Createx Tech support a call or an email and let them know your situation.
Createx has since replaced my black candy, which I'm happy with and has been performing well. As well as hooking me up with a couple of other little goodies. One of which is the 4040 Non Reactive Barrier. At first glance it appears to closely resemble the 0200 Wicked Trans. base, but doesn't need to be reduced. So far the 4040 works good, but I won't know until I clear coat the work. Thanks again to all the replies to the thread. Hopefully we won't experience any more problems with the Candy20 because I enjoy using it and still plan to use it in the future. Honestly, I can't wait and do reality flames with them.
Take care

That's good news, glad they got you sorted, always nice to hear there is good customer service :)

@Ricky Spanish is the 4040 for stopping bleed through??? Please let us know how the clearing goes :)
Yes
The 4040 Non Reactive Barrier is used for the issues with the candy bleeding ( this is probably why they have rebranded the 4030 from an inter coat (black label) to a clear additive (green label) .Seeing as an inter coat should not reactivate after curing. The physical characteristics of the 4040 resemble the 0200 Wicked Trans. Base, except that the 4040 does not need to be reduced ( I have ran it through my BCS with no issues) and also warns "not to be reduced" on the label. It appears to be thinner in appearance and is a milky white, but dries clear. I'll post a pic of the 4040 when I get a chance . Funny... I was just getting use to 0200 trans. base for a non reactive barrier for protecting pearl paints and candies... And still might use it as such. Not sure yet... I like to stick with what I know, but I like to try new things as well.

Thanks for that Rick. Makes me wonder if it might indeed be the same as 0200, lol. Wouldn't surprise me they did it with W500 and 4012.

Yeah, I wonder too. I just used up some createx gloss clear. NOT a bad clear at all sprayed strait out the bottle. I wonder if it would bleed through that...

It is a new product for our arsenal of paints! It was on "limited release" (They are still "tweaking it" ) it will be available @ Maple in 2017
Nice... I like the variety... I'll be looking forward to using it more in 2017... I have been using it on my current project and I'm happy with the results. It only takes 2 wet coats to stop the bleeding on small areas. I just haven't sprayed any yet with my HVLP 1.4mm, but I'm expecting good results.

It is a new product for our arsenal of paints! It was on "limited release" (They are still "tweaking it" ) it will be available @ Maple in 2017

Any idea on how it differs from the 4004 which they list as a non reactive barrier ?
Thanks for the update on that product,
Alan

Back