Question for Etac users

i would seriousdly re think that lol just order some 1 oz botles efx white black and red or something like that and try it youu donnt need the reducer its just transparent base

I understand where your coming from bro, but I'm disabled & on a limited income and the economy is not getting any better in fact its going to get worse in near future. I wont be able to buy paint often so need to get the most for my money lol. I'm not trying to be cheap, I am improving that's why I'm trying to go the next level with better paint.

I need some lids just like that Andre!!!! The Wicked lids help a lot, but the factory lids on the ETAC bottles royally suck, lol. Oh, forgot to mention, I do use ETAC straight from the bottle when doing Tshirts, works great!!!!

Russ, those bottles are just 0.67 fl.oz. (20ml) bottles that looks like eye drops bottles. I genuinely can keep the open bottle upside down without paint coming out and only when I give a little squeeze, does it come out drop for drop. This side it cost me like $1 for 5. I will get 3 refills from the big bottles which I keep one side. These take up less space as well. And the Marissa painting technique uses very little paint. I'll get about 10 portraits from these bottles before I need to refill.

EDIT: I deleted my comment because I actually don't want to be involved in this conversation.

Last edited:
Any one wishing to know about Etac paints available in the UK, please feel free to contact me...Pete...01493 330100....we sell & distribute in UK.
We'll even send you a small sample, we' are also looking at a 'Come & Try' day in the new year, an open weekend to book into & try this paint out.......like a panel jam.

Pete

It's Dru Blair's technique, but faster, less precise, and not as much effort and detail.
Yup. ... it is fair to say that it is indeed a faster method of painting than that of dru.... but both marissa and carlo have put a lot of time and effort in to creating something unique. A system that is simple but delivers amazing results for both experienced and inexperienced artists.... both dru and marissa are amazing teachers who have worked hard to get where they are..... so I think it's a little unfair to suggest the techniques are one and the same...... I'm not hating on you brother not at all. ...I know your very knowledgeable in the field especially where dru is concerned but the info i have got from 2 members here who have done both drus and Marissa's courses suggests they are very different

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a step back people!
Let's get this thread back on the subject of Etac paint please and not go down the same old Dru / Marissa road!
I have had the pleasure of working with both of these amazing artists and can tell you they have different approaches and use their own methods that they have perfected over the years.
Please keep this thread back on tac or we will have to close it.

Thanks
Kev

east coasy usa artists ...i ordered from etc today and the paint will be here on saturday awesome customer service and fast shipping well i guess it doesnt realy matter were your from its just i order from chicogo to and it always takes an extra day ..if you nrrd paint fast;
on the subject of the private stock shadow i can actualy say the private stock seems to be about the same as wicked i think what makes the efx so special is its rewetable so tip dry is not much and its easey to clean out of the aIrbrush if its left for a while as for the private stock it is cheaper thain the efx if you go with the wicked just remember to educe andor stain it if you have any clog issues youl be fine it is prety dang good paint

Last edited:
I just got a bottle of "Etac Condition Air" yesterday which I'm going to try out on my Golden High Flow and ComArt paints.

I keep reading that it will help many water based paints with flow and tip dry, amongst other things, so I'm very keen to try it.

I do know I have to be very careful and only use 1 or 2 drops per 30ml of paint. I have a perfect paint to try this out on, ComArt Opaque White which I never use as it is horrible for tip dry and I absolutely hate it. If the Condition Air can get that paint to flow and reduce tip dry to useable levels it will really be living up to it's reputation in my book. I'll let you know how I get on with it.
Cheers Mel

The Etac ag modifier works really well asa flow improver also. .. just a little bottle....I used to puta couple of drops in wicked and it made it slick as you like

Well the deed is done, coast was the best deal so I purchased a spare need & nozzle for my Velocity, the Dru Blair set, and a 16 oz bottle of 4012 reducer so now just waiting for delivery.

Ok so we basically covered how awesome etac customer service is. I placed my order on thursday and as usual it arived quicker thain a fart loosing its stink on a windy day. lmao and they sent me a sample of there 20 50 ag modifier and iv never used it i read there discriptionand its still a weasely bit confused also iv heard allot of good stuff about ag on this forum just wondering if any of you real actual artists can simplify or clarify what exactly this stuff is and what it does .i should go startr a new thread on this so if you see this i guess just look for the new thread

Bill offers fantastic service that has already been addressed and usually includes some free samples with orders. the only issue I had was the Private Stock remaining sticky and picking up lint. That was even after hitting it with a heat gun. I understand the Ag modifier will help with this. I have a steering wheel insert that is painted in the blue shift Gold and inter-coated with the Ag.. This was done on a silver base and am curious to see how it comes out after clearing. I have used EFX on metal with great results. I did include a picture of a T shirt that I was messing around on with the Private stock colors in my photo area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back