Question to Micron owners

hamaf

Needle-chuck Ninja
Hello!

I just recieved my CM-SB with Zolt soft spring. It's very good but I noticed that the trigger draw back tension is a little heavy for my taste, so I loosened the needle spring adjuster one turn(maybe not enough). I was wondering what setting you guys and girls use? I don't know why this would even matter but decided to ask anyway. Do you have a standard setting that you always use like "bottom it out then back off 7 turns?" Or something like that? :)

I like it as loose as possible. Just one warning if you set it realy realy light you sometimes don't have anough tension on the spring left to push the needle completely back after using the trigger reulting in paint when you don't move the trigger (just set it a tad tighter when that happens :))

I agree on the needle spring being a little heavy when brand new , I have 2 microns the CM SB V2 and the SM SB K33 and I have switched the spring in the K33 with the spring from my V2 as that one was used and much softer .
I always turn the spring adjuster all the way back and test if the needle will return to its original position if not I will turn it in 1 turn at the time till the needle goes all the way back to the right position over time the spring will get softer and there will come a time you will need to adjust the spring tension again till it is just perfect for you

Okay thanks very much! I've always wondered why is it set so tight from the factory. I can probably loosen it a lot still, at least for now, because it's new. I'll do some testing.

I must be a bit of an odd bod because I like the original spring, and have the needle adjuster set a little heavy. It just feels like I have more positive control. But everyone else seems to like it soft and loose :)eek: ooo er!!) so I guess just play around til you find what you are comfortable with.

I change out to heavier spring due to I am heavy handed and the springs that come in them were to light.

I started with a used HP SBplus , the spring in that airbrush was already soft and seeing I never used a airbrush before that brush it felt natural to me and I even started to turn the tension adjuster back to get even less tension on the spring after I used a Micron during a workshop.
I really like short and effortless movements of the trigger and now I have lost the fine control of my trigger finger I really need that extra soft smooth movement . the V2 was the airbrush I used to train my trigger finger but the new solvent prove seal proved to be a pain in the butt for me so I removed it and replaced it with the rubber seal from the V1 micron and this switch made all the difference for me I could feel the movement was much smoother with the rubber seal and before I knew it I had 98% of the trigger finger control back

I'll agree with everyone, but my two cents are here:) When I need details - hard tension is better, when it's not for that detail work - soft is good. So tension varies from one to another.
I received my soft springs yesterday, installed them and all the microns started to be new kind of microns!:thumbsup: With the soft spring one can feel needle spring character in a new way, I mean you start to feel just everything! I'd say like that certain movements in bed without any rubber:D

Back