Reducers - some info for you all.

IPT

Detail Decepticon!
So I ordered some Illustration sets and was confused when one set had Illustration reducer and the other had 4012. . I was looking for the erasability of the Illustration system and already had a bunch of the 4012. After some back and forth with the vendor and Createx I got this response. Thought I'd share.

Thank you for contacting Createx Colors. We currently offer (3) reducers. 4020 Automotive Reducer is professional grade automotive reducer designed for automotive applications and is not the best choice for your project where you would like to utilize the “soft erasing technique”. 4012 High Performance Reducer and 4011 Reducer are both suitable for your purposes, meaning the soft erase window will be available for about 48 hrs. after which the colors will dry to a hard, durable coating. 5091 Createx Illustration Colors Reducer was discontinued as we found our other reducers performed better and still allowed for the soft erase feature with the Createx Illustration Colors. It should be noted similarly to how Dru Blair uses the Createx Illustration Colors, they may be used in with small airbrush-tip sizes straight from the bottle without any reduction at all.

Please let us know if we may be further assistance.

Best Regards,

Createx Colors

Technical Support

Sounds good.
I mean why carry 2 reducers when 1 will do what you want just as well.
Thanks for sharing this info, straight from the horse, as it were.
Many folks here will find it very useful, I'm sure.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think 4011 is being phased out. But I liked it more than the 4012 which has a very strong smell. You also can not store paint mixed with 4012.

anyone else have thoughts on the 4011 vs the 4012? I thought the 4012 was the "step up". Not sure I've ever used the 4011.

I use the 4010 when ever I do scratching or erasing. It takes longer to harden giving a longer window. The 4012 is the same as w500 and flashes real fast. I find 4011 right in between the two....

Sorry to raise an old thread from the dead, but @AndreZA said something here that caught my eye and I hoped to ask a question about it.

I think 4011 is being phased out. But I liked it more than the 4012 which has a very strong smell. You also can not store paint mixed with 4012.

Did you mean you think 4010 is being phased, or 4011? (wondering if I should stock up before its gone)

Second, when you say you can't store paint with 4012, about how long do you mean? If I were mix up a small batch of paint using 4012, about how long will it be viable for? Conversely, if I mix up a batch with the 4011, about how long would it be viable for? (rough estimates)

Omg I'm so sorry JackE... I didn't catch that. I'm sure you're so tired of being called Jack. :(

Thanks Jackie!!!

Omg I'm so sorry JackE... I didn't catch that. I'm sure you're so tired of being called Jack. :(

Thanks Jackie!!!

lol
No need to apologize, I was quite happy being a stealth girl til @Mr.Micron dubbed me 'queen of Chesticles'

If you want to see how THAT got started, and get an insight as to how silly things can get around here, check this out

http://www.airbrushforum.org/thread...-and-extras-from-airbrush-mel-for-sale.14306/

http://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/aab-how-about-pab.13674/

Last edited:
Back