Rookie from India

Rookie76

Double Actioner
Hello folks! This is Gary ftom India.
I have recently found a passion for airbrushing. After a bit of reading through the net I finally took the plunge and bought a kit off ebay.I am a Ship Captain and since I was in Aberdeen at the time, I got everything shipped to the port agents. I have a mini compressor, a H&S ultra, a couple of chinese .35 ABs and recently purchased an Aerograph .20 AB.
I am really looking forward to all the help the gurus here can provide.
Below is what I did yesterday.I know its very crude but please bear in mind that I've been at this hobby only since Sept.
Any tips on how to make it better will really be appreciated, especially with regards to the hood.
92df056cb094ceb565c8dfcf40fa08eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That looks very good Rookie. Keep at it. Lots of helpful people here. Just ask and you shall receive.

Richard

The hood may look odd to you because the ripples are vertical and straight. They would likely be more horizontal but wavy and not run all the way across. That it run in towards a seem in the middle like upside down "v" s

Last edited:
The hood may look odd to you because the ripples are vertical and straight. They would likely be more horizontal but wavy and not run all the way across.
Ok..will try to visualize and then give it a shot.thanks.

Search some grim reaper pictures for reference, you'll see what I mean.
Everything else on this you're doing better than me.

Hello and welcome from Canada @Rookie76
The mural looks great for you only airbrushing for a couple months :). There's some nice detailed work in the skull. Like @Robbyrockett2 said reference photos help out large. Other good references for hoods would be Jedi and Sith illustrations and pics online.

Hello and welcome from Canada @Rookie76
The mural looks great for you only airbrushing for a couple months :). There's some nice detailed work in the skull. Like @Robbyrockett2 said reference photos help out large. Other good references for hoods would be Jedi and Sith illustrations and pics online.
Hello Ricky.thanks for the welcome.The Sith was actually what was in my mind but never thought of looking up a reference photo. Will do that. Thanks again.

Welcome Gary! Hope you enjoy your stay. I’m pretty new to this too and joining this forum was the best move I’ve made so far. Lots of great people with even better advice. I’m liking your work so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Gary! Hope you enjoy your stay. I’m pretty new to this too and joining this forum was the best move I’ve made so far. Lots of great people with even better advice. I’m liking your work so far.

Thanks for the welcome SiRoxx! I see that you are a fellow biker too!
Looking forward to an improvement in the learning curve

Thanks for the welcome SiRoxx! I see that you are a fellow biker too!
Looking forward to an improvement in the learning curve

Yes Sir Captain. I enjoy a ride when the weather is good. I’m too much of a wuss with the cold though lol. Do you currently own a Bike?

Good job on the Reaper, nice fire. What paints are you using? Looking forward to more. Welcome aboard, Captain...

Yes Sir Captain. I enjoy a ride when the weather is good. I’m too much of a wuss with the cold though lol. Do you currently own a Bike?

Yup I do..I ride a korean cruiser in all kinds of weather..the winters r best back home for riding.Dont mind the summers either but the monsoons are tricky.

Good job on the Reaper, nice fire. What paints are you using? Looking forward to more. Welcome aboard, Captain...
Thanks Pa..Im using Vallejo model air, some fountain pen ink of different colours and some acrylic paints from media that I thin out as required.

Back