Safe place for a homeless airbrush

tatocorvette

Detail Decepticon!
Hello,

No airbrush left behind! This poor airbrush came with a foam organizer but nothing else. Once you pull the wrapper off everything falls. Cheapness reaching dumb status.

2v2eYnedyxJ21ND.jpg

So I made a simple quick home for it. Please note, this is nothing fancy. Having it been more serious, or a commissioned work, I would have taken far more care. This was just a fun quick exercise to quench the DIYer in me.

I had some scrap PVC material laying around. This was a $0 project.
2v2esY2Z3xJ21ND.jpg

Made a simple box, which was the original intention. Just superglued together. not even nails or screws.
2v2esY29rxJ21ND.jpg

This project was supposed to stop here.
2v2esY2UNxJ21ND.jpg

But....
Voices in my head started yelling again... Hey, how about a lid? How about a see thru lid? How about a lid with a window? Paint it! Get some hinges! etc.
I just happened to have a clear pastry tray laying around and enough scrap PVC for a lid.
2v2esY2ujxJ21ND.jpg

Many spray cans in my workshop.
2v2esY2QvxJ21ND.jpg

OK, it was supposed to be a $0 but I happened to be at the hardware store for a moment and saw these hinges. So the project is now sitting at $3.
2v2esY2e2xJ21ND.jpg

Four spots of white glue. I still need to dress up the screws. Will blend paint it later.
2v2esY2aoxJ21ND.jpg

The glue is not dry yet but you get the idea.
TADA!
2v2esY2HzxJ21ND.jpg

2v2esY2J8xJ21ND.jpg

Again, this was a quick fun exercise. Having this been something serious, I'd sand it, use primer, better paint, a latch, maybe magnetic, etc.
I hope you like it. As usual your comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
Ismael

Back