Second Airbrush on compressor

haags

Young Tutorling
I'm wanting to add a second airbrush for a second person to my compressor. Not sure on the best way to plumb it.

Option 1: Add a manifold after the regulator. I'm thinking this is more designed for 1 person with multiple airbrushes.

Option 2 : Add a second regulator to the tank.

Option 3 : Attach hoses from the tank to regulators positioned near each easel. I'm not sure if the thin airbrush hoses can handle the unregulated pressure of the compressor (8 bar when full). This would make it easy to disassemble when I paint by myself.

I'm interested to know how others set this up

Real easy soultion..Add a TPiece on the outlet of your regulator and away you go, it shld fit into what ya already have if ya go with 1/4, add another hose, both airbrushes will run off the same pressure setting though, if you need variable settings, airbrush with a mac valve or set up that extra regulator..You could go a manifold if you want to run more down the track but if ya only want to run two, a brass T-Piece is the easiest option (Linking a few TPieces together with some brass 1/4 sockets and ya can make your own manifold basically)..good luck mate..:) Also note that some compressors do indeed have a second outlet, check yours if it does but doing so that way will be unregulated air unless ya do chuck in another reg...

I thought if I split the air after the regulator the pressure would drop when the second person starts spraying?

I thought if I split the air after the regulator the pressure would drop when the second person starts spraying?

I think I you have a point there. I'd say option 3 if your hoses are rated for your compressors output pressure (I think it's normally 125psi), otherwise go with option 2.

Put a T piece on, and then add a regulator to each line. I have this on my compressor and my hubs can use his air tools at the same time as I am spraying, it just needs to refill the tank more. Mind you I do have a big compressor, but he is using 80psi or more, and two people using 40psi or less (I typically use around 20psi) should be good depending on your capacity, refill rate etc, and as long as it isn't going to overheat if it's run more, make sure your oil is good etc.

Minimal drop, your compressor has a lot to back that 30 PSI with and it will regulate 30 PSI to both hoses easily, especially if ya have 120PSI or so in the tank, on an instant compressor or silent compressor, different story as that may be hard for it to keep up with two hoses, or if inteed you tap of the first line that could also be a prob, but running a tee directly of the reglator too two seperate hoses is fine..I've run four or five lines this way off one regulator fine when I do my community course and yer you may see a very slight drop in the hoses but not to any point it will be a concern, maybe 1 or 2 psi, which generally happens anyway when spraying on one..but yer if it is a concern, add another regulator into the system on the extra hose..Don't think you'll need to though..Good luck..

By the way, many shop systems work with multiple points that all work off one regulator located near the compressor..Some more intricate machinery may require its own but thats something I've rarely seen..you may need to up your regulated air a fraction when both are spraying near continuosly but again only by a few PSI. :)

You might want to add a shutoff/swing valve at the T fitting that way you can shut the air off to one side if no ones using that side so the air won't leak from the hose/quick connect jmo

You might want to add a shutoff/swing valve at the T fitting that way you can shut the air off to one side if no ones using that side so the air won't leak from the hose/quick connect jmo

A quick coupling will do the shut off.

I have a single outlet but I also made my own t-piece for when I want to attach a second gun. It was just a male quick connect piece that goes into a t-piece and a female quick coupling on each of those ends. I don't like the bulk of the permanent t-piece so that is why I made it removable.

^ yer my setup is the same andre, onto each side of the Tpiece I just added a 1/4 inch nitto fitting and just plug into it when needed but good point, ya may not always want that extra hose attached..

Back