Sexy SOTAR!!!

S

Sprzout

I came home yesterday to find a package from Amazon on my doorstep.

When I opened it, I found my SOTAR 20/20 inside!!!

It feels and acts SO different from my Paasche VL - smoother trigger, less tension on the pull to spray paint...I'm in love. :)

I have yet to actually shoot with it, because I didn't want to go out and buy another hose at $25 for a 6' length when I could get a 10' hose and adapter to go from a Badger to 1/8" fitting for around $20.

I really, really think I'm going to have to start looking at Iwata and Badger equipment more. I'd focused on Paasche because that was what my dad, uncle, and grandmother had bought, but I'm starting to see that it's not all it's cracked up to be...

I mainly use sotars, i love them and unbeatable in terms of bang for buck. i'm sure you wont be disapointed

I mainly use sotars, i love them and unbeatable in terms of bang for buck. i'm sure you wont be disapointed

I have a feeling that it's not going to behave with a wider spray pattern like my Paasche, but that's ok - I look at it as a different tool for a similar function - say, using a flat head screwdriver to open a large screw vs. using a dime to open it. :)

Looking forward to what turns up... Nice!

I've been on a video game controller painting kick; I'm thinking of a controller that's done with a Spider-Man motif.

The wife said, however, that she wants to see one done as a Hunger Games "Catching Fire", so I might have to try and do a Mockingly symbol with a real fire flame look. We'll see - it'd be my first time using an airbrush for a fire effect, so I'm sure I'm going to have to watch some YouTube vids to get the concept of the stencil down.

It's weird, I've been looking at some of the WIPs and my mind instantly starts deconstructing how to do the same thing - "Dagger stroke there, further out in that area there to get the larger spray pattern..." LOL I have a feeling that I'm going to turn out some decent work with the SOTAR! :)

I've been on a video game controller painting kick; I'm thinking of a controller that's done with a Spider-Man motif.

The wife said, however, that she wants to see one done as a Hunger Games "Catching Fire", so I might have to try and do a Mockingly symbol with a real fire flame look. We'll see - it'd be my first time using an airbrush for a fire effect, so I'm sure I'm going to have to watch some YouTube vids to get the concept of the stencil down.

It's weird, I've been looking at some of the WIPs and my mind instantly starts deconstructing how to do the same thing - "Dagger stroke there, further out in that area there to get the larger spray pattern..." LOL I have a feeling that I'm going to turn out some decent work with the SOTAR! :)

I love my Sotar. It just works. Smooth trigger, great action and easy clean. You will like it.

Paasche were the bees knees back in the day so I've been told, but I also hear that todays quality is not a patch on what it used to be. Their rep seems to have taken a bit of a dive in recent years. People seem to buy because of the name, but move on because of poor quality. I don't think that nostalgic rep is going to last forever and I think they need to make some changes.

Enjoy your Sotar!

Back