Shields or stencils?

J

jaystacy

What are your most used shields or stencils? And what size?

Also anyone know a place to download a french curve template as well as the real flames h style shield?

Must not be copyrighted I don't want to steal I just want to save some money getting close to layoff time.

What are your most used shields or stencils? And what size?

Also anyone know a place to download a french curve template as well as the real flames h style shield?

Must not be copyrighted I don't want to steal I just want to save some money getting close to layoff time.
I have a couple of stencils i got from @Russ Allen who's a member on here, they are squares circles and one with different curves on it, quite handy, check him out on facebook, insane custom stencils

Thanks I will. Right now just trying to get ideas to cut my own for now if I can find good free templates or design it myself.

Thanks I have a few of his just need to grab some mylar this weekend.

Most used, circles/ovals/ French curve. Although in my defense I haven't been painting long

Most used, circles/ovals/ French curve. Although in my defense I haven't been painting long

Something that has always bothered me, I see packs of French curves in every art shop I ever visit, but how do we know they are really French?, most of the ones I pick up say "made in China" or "made in Taiwan":confused:

Use stencil for stencil needs, shields for shielding :) and then get lazy throw that idea out and use your hand :)..
Each to their own, but personally I stay away from stencils unless its lettering.

Something that has always bothered me, I see packs of French curves in every art shop I ever visit, but how do we know they are really French?, most of the ones I pick up say "made in China" or "made in Taiwan":confused:
Lol no kidding. Anyone know of a free french curve template?

Use stencil for stencil needs, shields for shielding :) and then get lazy throw that idea out and use your hand :)..
Each to their own, but personally I stay away from stencils unless its lettering.
Mainly asking so I can get a few just as shields mainly to control over spray. Oh almost forgot having probs finding a good low tack spray adhesive. Any brands you guys recomend?

Don't use the stuff, it gets on your job and is icky LOL..Mount your work on a metal base and use magnets to hold any stencils, much cleaner but if your mainly using shields, you generally don't stick em on per say, ya just hold them. Frisket may be what your after, better alternative than spray adhesive but can still be damaging or leave residue and occasionally can pull paint but when ya know how to use it its great stuff. Personally I like to spend more time painting than cutting though LOL

...and LOL ya don't need a template, just draw the shapes ya want on acetate and cut it out :) any and all shapes are useful at some point. Like a fire stencil, it doesn't create a fire effect for you in one spray, it just gives you some cool shapes to run the odd hard edge on. Most shields I've made have generally been because a job really needed some shape specific that I couldn't find by rummaging around my paint area, my kitchen or my wife's draw LOL, often its just a case of finding something laying around that suits perfectly or adapting something thats close..Good luck

Google "fibonacci stencils". It's a good starting point. Otherwise I use "The Bird" and "Pharaoh" and the "Match maker" set.

Back