Siphon feed airbrush not siphoning?

It's been a couple of weeks, let me bring you up to date....I called TCP Global, asking for a replacement, rather than risk messing this one up with further modifications. They asked a few questions, and agreed to send one. They were going to send a replacement S62 with the 0.5 tip, and I could use my 0.3 and 0.8 tips from the first kit with it.

Sounded good to me, so it arrived today and sure enough, it sprays fine with its 0.5 tip. However...the 0.8 and 0.3 tips I have from the original brush don't fit. These are different airbrushes. I'll attach a couple of pics, but you can tell that the brushes are different models by the body (gloss vs matte finish) and more importantly, the threading on the tips are of different lengths, the 0.8 tip from the old one doesn't fit on the new body.

I wrote back to TCP today, haven't heard back yet so in the meantime I thought I'd ask if anyone can identify both brushes? I looked on TCP's site, and the S62 appears to be the only siphon-fed they have that fits this description, so if there's another model on their site I can't see it?

WP_20160922_002a.jpg WP_20160922_005a.jpg

I've got the airbrushes as your replacement one.
By comparing ABs you've shown, I'd say the replacement is better quality. Looks like they're made at different plants... I can't find the original model you've bought in their online catalog.

They import to Ukraine kits with 0.3, 0.5, 0.7 mm nozzles, air nozzles and needles for each type of nozzle. Maybe you could search for spares locally?

Here's where your replacement is produced http://www.cnbida.com/products_list/pmcId=15.html
For your market it's called "MASTER".
I've had no issues with mine.

Have you actually tried using the original needle and nozzle in the newer head assembly? perhaps it won't make a difference but hard to know without the gun in hand or by testing it Not sure on what TCP does but perhaps first time round you just got sent an older model and newer versions have come out since.

Not sure on what TCP does but perhaps first time round you just got sent an older model and newer versions have come out since.

Mine ABs of this model are eight years or more old. They look almost the same now. The other day I even compared them, they changed a trigger top and the colour of the air head O-ring, it's red now before it was black.
I really want to try that 0.3mm combination. But unfortunately they sold only kits but not spares here. I have to change my 0.5mm setup to 0.3mm by changing three parts, two nozzles (paint and air) and the needle. I think it's good brush with 0.3mm nozzle, but can only say for sure while trying it.

Have you actually tried using the original needle and nozzle in the newer head assembly? perhaps it won't make a difference but hard to know without the gun in hand or by testing it Not sure on what TCP does but perhaps first time round you just got sent an older model and newer versions have come out since.

Yes, I tried the original 0.8 head and needle in the new body, and I couldn't completely tighten it down-- it reached a certain point, then kept spinning.
For kicks I tried spraying some air, and the head almost slid off. As for the caps, the threading and diameter on them are completely different.

I wrote TCP again to ask for 0.3 and 0.8 needles for the replacement airbrush, we'll see if they reply on Monday. If not I'll call on Tuesday.

I've got the airbrushes as your replacement one.
By comparing ABs you've shown, I'd say the replacement is better quality. Looks like they're made at different plants... I can't find the original model you've bought in their online catalog.

They import to Ukraine kits with 0.3, 0.5, 0.7 mm nozzles, air nozzles and needles for each type of nozzle. Maybe you could search for spares locally?

Here's where your replacement is produced http://www.cnbida.com/products_list/pmcId=15.html
For your market it's called "MASTER".
I've had no issues with mine.

Thanks for that link Vladimir. Do you know if they sell tips etc directly?

Thanks for that link Vladimir. Do you know if they sell tips etc directly?

I don't know, but I think they sell straight in bulk only. Though you could ask them through e-mail. They could say who imports their products to US.
But I don't actually know where you're from:) If you call TCP straight, so I could presume you're in the US.

Back