So what's the deal here or I am crazy

huskystafford

Needle chucking Ninja
Staff member
Admin
Mod
Today I finally got my 1 liter of wicked jet black which I ordered long time ago at my local store(they give me great discount and no shipping) and they are slow like a snail..I picked few more of other colors to test them and here is where the catch starts. Whenever I am at that store, they keep forcing theirs Harder & Steenbeck which they are importers for our country.

They know I am using Iwatas, I actually ordered one Iwata at their store few months ago, but they are keep pushing those H&S. One of their arguments is that Iwata is paying artists to promote Iwatas airbrushes which I think is a bs. The next one is that H&S are much better then Iwatas but H&S doesn't do much marketing. I know H&S are good airbrushes...At least I heard so...

Today they were bothering me with H&S Infinity, when I went to pick colors for 150 Euros at their place, cause I had big mouth and I sad I am looking at what upgrade I should go next concerning airbrushes. Was checking few Iwatas lately.

So I am thinking, they just wanna sell and that's why they do that. I did tell them that I don't like to bother others and I don't like others bother me, but I think they didn't get at what I was aiming...

I know there is many people here which use Iwatas and H&S and I am wondering if you got any thoughs about what is happening here. Not to mention I needed to give this out of my system. :)

Last edited:
While I do like using my H&S Infinity I have switch from the .15 set up to a .2 due to the .15 nozzle crack very easily , The last one I bought cracked with out ever having paint in it. That one was also bought with a new needle due to I thought maybe it was the original needle that was cracking them even if it appeared straight through the jewel loop.
But as far as a durable nozzle so far nothing has beaten Iwata ! At least not for me.
But the Infinity will work as well as the micron for fine line detail work. Plus to my understanding it has been brought up on this forum a few times that Iwata bought out Harder & Steenbeck

While I do like using my H&S Infinity I have switch from the .15 set up to a .2 due to the .15 nozzle crack very easily , The last one I bought cracked with out ever having paint in it. That one was also bought with a new needle due to I thought maybe it was the original needle that was cracking them even if it appeared straight through the jewel loop.
But as far as a durable nozzle so far nothing has beaten Iwata ! At least not for me.
But the Infinity will work as well as the micron for fine line detail work. Plus to my understanding it has been brought up on this forum a few times that Iwata bought out Harder & Steenbeck
thanks for the info. Any info I get about this is great. I feel like they wanna make me crazy -.-

I don’t know what brushes you’re looking at Husky, but @Airbrush Dreams has posted an Iwata HP-C for sale at a great price. Just giving you the heads up Mate.

To be honest, i love both, i have h&s evolution crplud .15mm, and a iwata cm sb with the .23 conversion, ghey both feel great in the hand, the h&s do have a slight delay when engaging for paint, i think thats what throw some people off, but hey for the money its a damn beautiful and great performing brush

I'm very picky when it comes to airbrushes. I had 2 infinity airbrushes before I got my hands on a micron, because everyone had a "micron killer" right. You know, just as good but 1/3 or less price. I bought just about all of them, and once I finally ponied up for a CM-C plus, it was all over. I sold off everything else that I considered the detail brushes. Iwata makes the best airbrushes, and arguably the best HVLP style guns as well.

They are pushing the H&S stuff because they must get a higher percentage of profit from those.

I don’t know what brushes you’re looking at Husky, but @Airbrush Dreams has posted an Iwata HP-C for sale at a great price. Just giving you the heads up Mate.
Thanks. I am still counting the money but I was looking at high performance plus series or Hi-line series. Still thinking about, what would be the most logical path for me.

I had 2 students with H&S airbrushes and they could not get those brushes to work like they wanted back in my teaching days I owned 2 Iwata hp B+ airbrushes just in case a student would not own a airbrush they would still be able to get a taste of airbrushing
the major problem my 2 students had was the trigger control with the H&S and that is a big problem when you try to learn to paint a monochrome portrait so I gave them the Iwata HP B+ to see if that would make a difference or if it was just a matter of bad trigger finger control , I can tell you the Iwata made all the difference in the world and I sold them my Iwata airbrushes that same day
back in 2012 the Hp B+ was about the same price as the H&S or even a bit cheaper and to be honest I could give em a good deal on it as I bought them with a discount ;)

To be honest, i love both, i have h&s evolution crplud .15mm, and a iwata cm sb with the .23 conversion, ghey both feel great in the hand, the h&s do have a slight delay when engaging for paint, i think thats what throw some people off, but hey for the money its a damn beautiful and great performing brush
thanks for the info. It's written down to my memory. Part about slight delay seems kinda important.

I'm very picky when it comes to airbrushes. I had 2 infinity airbrushes before I got my hands on a micron, because everyone had a "micron killer" right. You know, just as good but 1/3 or less price. I bought just about all of them, and once I finally ponied up for a CM-C plus, it was all over. I sold off everything else that I considered the detail brushes. Iwata makes the best airbrushes, and arguably the best HVLP style guns as well.

They are pushing the H&S stuff because they must get a higher percentage of profit from those.
thanks I appreciate all the info I get about this.

I had 2 students with H&S airbrushes and they could not get those brushes to work like they wanted back in my teaching days I owned 2 Iwata hp B+ airbrushes just in case a student would not own a airbrush they would still be able to get a taste of airbrushing
the major problem my 2 students had was the trigger control with the H&S and that is a big problem when you try to learn to paint a monochrome portrait so I gave them the Iwata HP B+ to see if that would make a difference or if it was just a matter of bad trigger finger control , I can tell you the Iwata made all the difference in the world and I sold them my Iwata airbrushes that same day
back in 2012 the Hp B+ was about the same price as the H&S or even a bit cheaper and to be honest I could give em a good deal on it as I bought them with a discount ;)
Thank you. Great info. I was so right when I decided to post this thread. All of you guys are very helpfull.

thanks for the info. It's written down to my memory. Part about slight delay seems kinda important.
the delay you get a feel for and learn when to expect paint to start flowing. But ask them this . Let you test an infinity and the Iwata together so you can see which one fits you needs and what you expect an airbrush to do.
First I doubt they let you do it cause it ain't coast airbrush LOL but if they do then you will know the difference.

the delay you get a feel for and learn when to expect paint to start flowing. But ask them this . Let you test an infinity and the Iwata together so you can see which one fits you needs and what you expect an airbrush to do.
First I doubt they let you do it cause it ain't coast airbrush LOL but if they do then you will know the difference.
Great idea. At least I will have a laugh at them if they don't let me try those airbrushes :)

Great idea. At least I will have a laugh at them if they don't let me try those airbrushes :)
well they are trying to tell you that they are a better airbrush and I am sure when you buy a car you test drive it right? that is all you're doing is asking to test drive the two airbrushes .

I sold my trusty old CM SB v1 to a friend twho was using a H&S for years and he felt he had need need for a Iwata till he tested my micron
I agree on getting used to a airbrush and its reaction time to trigger movement but when you are used to direct trigger reaction like I am it is a real pain to work with a H&S airbrush but I could get used to it if I wanted to I just dont want to get used to a airbrush with trigger delay when I can buy a airbrush that has direct trigger response :D

I have both Iwata and H+S. I like the H+S Infinity. I traded a HP-sb to DaveG for a Infinity because I didn't like the HP-sb on how it felt in my hand. The Micron sb is also not used much because it feels weird in my hand.
I think if I didn't have but a Micron, then it would be what I would use and could get used to it but the H-S Infinity's just feel better to my grip.
I have 2 Infinity's and one is set up with .15 and is used the most. The other is set up with .20 and gets used some when I need a wider spray.
Hope you can get the store to let you test drive them. Most won't.

Richard

I have both Iwata and H+S. I like the H+S Infinity. I traded a HP-sb to DaveG for a Infinity because I didn't like the HP-sb on how it felt in my hand. The Micron sb is also not used much because it feels weird in my hand.
I think if I didn't have but a Micron, then it would be what I would use and could get used to it but the H-S Infinity's just feel better to my grip.
I have 2 Infinity's and one is set up with .15 and is used the most. The other is set up with .20 and gets used some when I need a wider spray.
Hope you can get the store to let you test drive them. Most won't.

Richard
I agree with you on the side feeds : they are not every ones taste but to me it is the other way round I love side feeds and hate the way a gravity feed sits in my hand that is why I only have one gravity feed that hardly gets used unless I need a 0.5 nozzle set up for macro pearls or metallic's

If H&S made a better side feed gun, I would use it instead of my Micron. I love my Evolution but don't use it often because it's a gravity feed.

Today I finally got my 1 liter of wicked jet black which I ordered long time ago at my local store(they give me great discount and no shipping) and they are slow like a snail..I picked few more of other colors to test them and here is where the catch starts. Whenever I am at that store, they keep forcing theirs Harder & Steenbeck which they are importers for our country.

They know I am using Iwatas, I actually ordered one Iwata at their store few months ago, but they are keep pushing those H&S. One of their arguments is that Iwata is paying artists to promote Iwatas airbrushes which I think is a bs. The next one is that H&S are much better then Iwatas but H&S doesn't do much marketing. I know H&S are good airbrushes...At least I heard so...

Today they were bothering me with H&S Infinity, when I went to pick colors for 150 Euros at their place, cause I had big mouth and I sad I am looking at what upgrade I should go next concerning airbrushes. Was checking few Iwatas lately.

So I am thinking, they just wanna sell and that's why they do that. I did tell them that I don't like to bother others and I don't like others bother me, but I think they didn't get at what I was aiming...

I know there is many people here which use Iwatas and H&S and I am wondering if you got any thoughs about what is happening here. Not to mention I needed to give this out of my system. :)
I for one am not happy with my H&S ultra at all..I rather prefer my 35 buck chinese AB than the h&s..
Haven't tried the iwata since out of my price range atleast till I improve my skills to justify the investment.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back