Solvent and water based brushes

Joe T

Mac-Valve Maestro!
so, can you use the same airbrush for both solvent and WB airbrush paints? I assume if you clean well it won’t be an issue.

Also on cleaning, on the eclipse cs what are the best brushes to use for cleaning. After seeing that cleaning video on another thread it’s time for me to get a bit mor detailed on my cleaning habits.

As always, thanks a million

Joe

If you have an eclipse it should have ptfe seals so you sill be fine spraying solvents, I would just rinse out with water after you have cleaned it to remove any solvent that was left in the brush. It wont matter if you use both types of paint through it. Just a good clean at the end. The best brushes are those really fine inter dental ones for your teeth and an old small stiff'ish paintbrush for the cup, along with lint free cloth or towel, you can use cotton buds/qtips but be careful you don't get fluff off them in your airbrush.

Lee

I use both all the time between all my airbrushes , But before switching from one to another they get a full cleaning to ensure nothing is left behind.
It is not so much an issue going from Water based to urethane but the other way around can cause problems.

I only use hog hair artist brushes to clean my guns. I do not us any of those tiny nylon brushes near any of my guns.

Back