Tamiya paints

Glad you have got a result. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with showing off something you're impressed with!
Well done :thumbsup:

Never mind the flat/gloss paint question. I fiddled around with some 1000 grit sandpaper and was able to smooth the surface enough to make my paint masks stick properly.
I am into model making, so I use Tamiya. I'm currently building the refit Enterprise and am painting the lower hull. Here is a pic of the strong back area. Once again, I'm fairly novice, so if I did well enough to impress myself, I wanted to show it off.
That looks awesome, look like great airplane colors, I have a couple Tamiya planes I need to finish up one day, I liked cars and tanks too. Gotta dig them from storage for pics....

It's a masking kit specific to that model Enterprise. Extremely complex. I definitely bit off more than I could chew. But since I have all the time I need to finish it, I'm taking baby steps to the end. I call it a lesson in patience.

Can you guess the car...lol
General Lee? :D

Regarding Tamiya paints, I've never used them for models/miniatures, but mostly because none of the retailers in my area carry them, there is a shop about 7 miles away that carries Vallejo, Citadel, P3, GW, Minitaire and even Reaper, but no Tamiya. :(

Last edited:
It's a masking kit specific to that model Enterprise. Extremely complex. I definitely bit off more than I could chew. But since I have all the time I need to finish it, I'm taking baby steps to the end. I call it a lesson in patience.
Yeah that looked like it would be tedious, but it paid off. Thing looks great!

Back