TC-20 Not working

D

djmeltdown

Hi all! I just got into airbrushing and purchased an entry level kit off of amazon to dip my toe in the pond. It's the Master TC-20 with G-23 airbrush. I did purchased it used and upon opening the package nothing looked out of the ordinary. I watched a couple videos on how the brush and compressor worked and started some spray tests. After about half an hour the compressor stopped turning itself on. I though it may have over heated so I let it sit over night. I came back this morning and it's doing the same thing when it's completely cold. It turns on, hums, but doesn't compress and the gauge doesn't move. I've adjusted the pressure regulator all the way up and all the way down and it does nothing. All it's doing is humming and getting hot.

Sorry, I'm a complete noob and I hope I'm overlooking something simple here. At worst I will have to return it and spend more money. Thanks!

here is link to his compressor so you don't need to google guys.

Just a question out of curiosity. You got warranty?

here is link to his compressor so you don't need to google guys.

Just a question out of curiosity. You got warranty?

Thanks for the link. I don't think I have a warranty as it was used. All I'd have to fall back on is Amazon's return policy.

Thanks for the link. I don't think I have a warranty as it was used. All I'd have to fall back on is Amazon's return policy.
oh. Well guys here are very clever so I bet someone will have some idea. Mean while, when you wait for answers you can introduce yourself. It is kinda tradition here. Or Dragon hunter will come and chase you -.-

http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/

Sniff sniff,

I smell a toasted motor AND a newbie!

Off to Amazon you go, return your burnt offerings then when you’ve got that sorted you can head over to our introduction section, we just like to know a little about our newcomers. What got you started, where you call home, what you’re hoping to do with the Airbrush. That sort of thing.

Sniff sniff,

I smell a toasted motor AND a newbie!

Off to Amazon you go, return your burnt offerings then when you’ve got that sorted you can head over to our introduction section, we just like to know a little about our newcomers. What got you started, where you call home, what you’re hoping to do with the Airbrush. That sort of thing.

LOL, sounds like someone from the old testament is converting to worship wonder woman.

As an irrelevant aside, the only other times an electric motor hums like that is if its capacitor start and the capacitor fried or if something has it physically locked up.

tc20 is not capacitor start and i highly doubt something has it physically locked up.

Last edited:
Had a friend who knows a thing or two about compressors and he found that the piston doesn’t start on its own. Already started the return. Just not worth the trouble. Good to see there’s a good community here. Some of the other boards I’ve been on aren’t so welcoming.

Had a friend who knows a thing or two about compressors and he found that the piston doesn’t start on its own. Already started the return. Just not worth the trouble. Good to see there’s a good community here. Some of the other boards I’ve been on aren’t so welcoming.
Hopefully you’ll get a good outcome.

You’ll find a heap of information as well as a heap of lunatics, and in case you haven’t figured it out yet, the lunatics tend to frequently overrun this asylum

People here are great. I was quite surprised when I joined here.

Back