Tips for chrome

Covering all in frisket and cutting as i go was my first thought too, I actually saw the thread with this picture (i think) .
If I'm remembering right though there wasn't a lot of steps shown and it was way close up so I kind of went by it.
I looked at @Micha der Wolf 's 55 chevy i believe it was also but again The chrome was too much the subject matter. Yours and his helped give me the concepts a little but I was looking for something like @DaveG references because they are further out.
I think the main thing I was struggling with was defining the different parts in small scale while still achieving the effect.
Great tip on the single color too! That helps give me a vague idea how you layered that for effect.
Thanks, the transparent paynes grey allowed me to go from very light grey right through to black. For chrome parts in the distance use the sticky edge of 'sticky notes' but tear the edge to give a softer line . Wavy shapes and contours would probably be best done freehand with quick clean strokes.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Love the sticky note tip. I have used torn cardboard a ton in my set painting and was using torn paper here and there for airbrushing but the post-its would be very convenient!

Thanks, the transparent paynes grey allowed me to go from very light grey right through to black. For chrome parts in the distance use the sticky edge of 'sticky notes' but tear the edge to give a softer line . Wavy shapes and contours would probably be best done freehand with quick clean strokes.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

It's amazing the tips and tricks that can be picked up from this forum. Sticky Notes. Never would have thought of that. :thumbsup:

Back