Total newbie here..

M

Moffy

Hi everyone,

Total beginner here from Oz (Victoria). Always wanted to give air brushing a go, Just waiting on my Createx Illustration paints to arrive.

Hi everyone,

Total beginner here from Oz (Victoria). Always wanted to give air brushing a go, Just waiting on my Createx Illustration paints to arrive.

And do you plan to blow this new Createx illustrtion stuff through your nose or do have an airbrush and compressor too?, lol

Just kidding, welcome to the forum and do tell us what other equipment you have, it will help us to help you in the event of a minor crisis, if you need anything at all, you only have to ask, and in the meantime there is loads and loads of interesting stuff to find in the archives;)

And do you plan to blow this new Createx illustrtion stuff through your nose or do have an airbrush and compressor too?, lol

Just kidding, welcome to the forum and do tell us what other equipment you have, it will help us to help you in the event of a minor crisis, if you need anything at all, you only have to ask, and in the meantime there is loads and loads of interesting stuff to find in the archives;)

Hi Madbrush, nope was thinking of using a straw...... lol

Im starting out with a cheap one brought from Aldie ( work zone compressor kit) but will upgrade.

don't do it, ... neither blowing paint through your nose or buying a kit from Aldie will give you the outcome you are hoping for.
save your pennys, you already have decent paint heading your way, so why put it through substandard equipment.
look at getting an entry level brush, you wont regret it. A lot of members still have their first 'name brand' brush, very few have their first 'no name' brush.

where abouts on the globe are you, maybe some members can guide you to some bargains, and what are you thinking of painting on, EG: cars, tshirts, artwork......

ooops, where are my manners,....

welcome aboard the madness train

don't do it, ... neither blowing paint through your nose or buying a kit from Aldie will give you the outcome you are hoping for.
save your pennys, you already have decent paint heading your way, so why put it through substandard equipment.
look at getting an entry level brush, you wont regret it. A lot of members still have their first 'name brand' brush, very few have their first 'no name' brush.

where abouts on the globe are you, maybe some members can guide you to some bargains, and what are you thinking of painting on, EG: cars, tshirts, artwork......

ooops, where are my manners,....

welcome aboard the madness train

He does say "Oz, Victoria" lol

Hi Madbrush, nope was thinking of using a straw...... lol

Im starting out with a cheap one brought from Aldie ( work zone compressor kit) but will upgrade.

What a coincidence, I started with a straw too, but I didn't have the puff for it, lol

But as my very wise friend Jackie says, think about buying a decent brand name brush since you've shelled out for decent paint, many who start out with cheap kits give it up quickly because they often can't get anything out of the equipment and automatically think that they themselves don't have what it takes, starting with a good brush will at least let see what you can or can't but without the headaches, there are plenty of entry level brushes available for a reasonable price, if you don't want to go too expensive you could go for a Neo for Iwata or Harder & Steenbeck ultra which are usually around $80 US, but check out Badger, Iwata, H&S or even paasche, the most recommended for beginners seems to be the Iwata HP-C which is a little more expensive but still affordable.

Try to avoid kits if you can because KITS actually stands for Kaotic Introduction To Shite, which is all you'll get, lol

Whatever you find, run it by the guys here before you commit to it, we'll keep you straight:thumbsup:

Welcome. I have a neo and after some frustrations I found out they can be hit or miss. H&S might be worth a try but save a few more bucks and get the Iwata HP-CS I'm loving that gun.

Welcome Moffy. Funny that here in South Africa in Afrikaans "Moffy" has quite a different meaning but luckily with slightly different spelling but same pronunciations.

Anyway, welcome and don't be shy to ask questions.

Welcome Moffy. Funny that here in South Africa in Afrikaans "Moffy" has quite a different meaning but luckily with slightly different spelling but same pronunciations.

Anyway, welcome and don't be shy to ask questions.

Its a good thing its not spelt "ie" lol

Thanks every one for the welcomes and the advice. Will definitely be looking into the Iwata Eclipse

Back