Tshirt shop compressor

J

Jeffrey Bruce

okay we are taking the plunge and opening a t-shirt shop. What is the best compressor to use for a 10 gun setup?
California Air has great prices but will they hold up?
Need to pull the trigger soon please advise.

Jeff

Welcome Jeffrey, from warm South Africa, where you situated, and perhaps do an intro 1st?

Sure, I am in Tarpon Springs Florida. I am 47 years old and have been airbrushing since I was 14. Over the years I have run various companies from an import company to a Star Trek store. I have done package design and many othe things and I am now ready to get back and focused on the one thing I love doing, airbrushing. The name of the shop will be Tees-N-Decals as we also do signs and just bought a Direct to garment printer so we can do our own shirt fulfillment without having to compromise quality or time. So we can pretty much do it all, now we just need to find some business lol.

First question is where is the shop going to be located ? In a mall , stand alone building?
The bigger the better on the size of the compressor as far as how it will hold up is how well you maintain it.
As for saying a 10 gun shop will that be 10 guns running at once or the station will have 10 guns ready to go all hooked up?
See lots of factors there LOL.
California Air compressor for the ones I have been a round seem to hold up well in long term use. One of the other departments in the building I work in has this one http://www.californiaairtools.com/industrial-series-of-ultra-quiet-air-compressors/cat-10010lfdc/ and it runs 8 to 10 hours a day 5 days a week and has done so for the past 12 years . The original compressor was too loud when they finally got that part up and running so they went with the one in the link .

Thanks for the quick responses. It is a stand-alone Unit about 1000 square feet. There won’t be much walk in traffic although we are very close, 1 Street over, from where they hold all the festivals and art shows, etc... there is power on the street outside the shop so I can set up outside for nice days and so the people walking to festivals can see. It will be 10 guns ready to go not spraying at once. Also I am assuming createx paints are still the ones used by most, the wicked color ones?
Thanks again everyone I was going to buy the terry hill compressor or the great white but if the california will do as well then the $2000 can be easily used elsewhere. One last question is it possible to buy paint wholesale like shirts or just retail?
I appreciate the help it has been a few years!
Jeff

I believe Coast Airbrush deal on a commercial basis. I have no idea what their criteria would be, but maybe give them a call and ask about a business supply.

Back