using dual action for the first time

B

billgphillips

Well I fired up one of my new dual action air brushes, let me tell you trying to coordinate the dual action functions is tough, I know all it takes is practice practice, so I will buckle down and persevere but I did lay down some really fine lines with the odd spider and way to much paint, so the learning curve is back big time

Air-on should be second nature. As you approach you work you can air-on and keep it on untill you step away. You will waste more air then you will use. Then all you have to worry about is the paint.

Last edited:
Air on should be second nature. As you approach you work you can air-on and keep it on untill you step away. You will waist more air then you will use. Then all you have to worry about is the paint.
and thats pretty much enough to worry about:p

Thanks AndreaZA and kjuklu fot the words of encouragement , I know it will finally happen
with lots of practice and time, hopefully I can develop my skill to be able to produce something
soon

I've found it similar to learning to play an instrument. It all seems clumsy at first, and you are trying to think of too many things at once, and find some kind of rhythm, and then gradually it all comes together, until it becomes second nature, and then all you have to do is perfect the individual songs. A bit of an odd analogy, but that's how I felt.

Easier said than done, but try to stay relaxed, don't over think as it can make your movements unnatural, have music or something in the background to slightly distract your self (works for me anyway). If you aren't already, try the airbrush tutors exercises, it can be frustrating, but most of us have been there, so you have all our support, and once you have those exercises licked you will have all the skills you need to be able to amaze yourself with what you will be able to paint!

Back