Vallejo air game

J

Jesper

Hi

Does anyone has any expirence with vallejo air game color?

Every time I use it, the flow get blocked and then after a few secons come back. It is made to be used unthinnd accordig to the bottles, how ever I have tried to thin it at ratio, 1:1, 1:2, 1:4, with the same result exept that the black are turning grey when its thinned, even at ratio 1:1.

Thanks

Have a good one... [emoji1531]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't used it, but what size nozzle are you using. Other brands who recommend that you can shoot right out of the bottle, mean using a .5 nozzle, so if this paint is the same that could be part of the issue. Also what are you reducing with? Are you sure its comparable. Reduced paint will need a few layers to bring it back to full colour.

I am using vallejo thinner, with .2 nozzle, the main issue is that its like there is someting stopping the flow when I try to do thin lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At that size, you maybe have to use more reduction than you think. But I'm not familiar with that paint, it just might not be happy at that size.

Also it is probable that while you have been trying different things to get good flow, the nozzle has become blocked. Even though the needle still goes through, and paint is still coming out, and even if you've cleaned it, it only takes a small amount to stop the needle seating in the nozzle properly.

This actually happened to me the other day. I had a bottle of paint which had 'gone off' and blocked my brush. It actually took 4 tries to get it clean, and two soakings.Oh, and lots of swearing lol. Took me back to my early airbrush days. When starting out and trying to figure out paint flow etc, its a common issue until you find the right ratios to suit your brush.

I use game air all the time. It doesn't need thinning, but it does have a problem with tip dry. What pressure are you using? Adding a drop of flow improver or liquitex slo-dri to the color cup can help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use game air all the time. It doesn't need thinning, but it does have a problem with tip dry. What pressure are you using? Adding a drop of flow improver or liquitex slo-dri to the color cup can help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I use vall air a lot and since i started with vallejo flow improver i had no prob at all with these paints. But i still reduce them and use flow improver on top of that. Yeah - almost never get dry paint on my needle. Super happy.

Back