Wanna share your receipe for home made cleaner?

Just dont let that stuff on your rubber. It will dry it out real quick. Otherwise there ya go that works.
Btw I think you missed the ajax triple action thing. It is very close to 4012 just a heads up
gonna check ajax today. I am going to supermarket. They have ajax stuff 100%. Even little store at my place have ajax. I have ajax for bathroom at home.

YOu might actually be able to clean and reduce with the ajax triple action.
At your own risk of course
The stelex might be worth a shot in my opinion.
But if denatured is really cheap, you can clean all you want with it, just like I said keeep it away from your rubber and Id say youre golden.

All just my untested opinion on this obviously

No problem bud, I enjoy a brainstorming session.

YOu might actually be able to clean and reduce with the ajax triple action.
At your own risk of course
The stelex might be worth a shot in my opinion.
But if denatured is really cheap, you can clean all you want with it, just like I said keeep it away from your rubber and Id say youre golden.

All just my untested opinion on this obviously

No problem bud, I enjoy a brainstorming session.
https://www.hofer.si/sl/posebna-pon...tdetailseite/ps/p/ajax-univerzalno-cistilo-6/
if you scroll down you get more of them. Which one is the right one?

edit: forgot you don't speak my language :D i will check in store and see what I can get :)

The only thing I'm not sure of is whether the less than .01% free oil they use for anti-fog will do anything strange if you try reducing with it.
I dont think it will effect it though honestly
Either way I think it would clean fine, and im pretty sure it wont affect your rubber.
But Like I said It is just brainstorming.
I know you understand but for anyone else reading. These are just my best guesses, no garauntees
I did just try a similar product while sitting here and it cleans up wicked , really easy
Easy enough for me to decide I don't even need the acetone any more.
Just an ammonia free glass cleaner.

Last edited:
Thanks Husky you've actually got me on to a new favorite.
ok, as I see in the picture Robby posted, it's a greek product so I can send you a dozen if you want. There's a big series of non-ammonia cleaners over here, and have sunk a useless revolution in a bowl with it for about 2 weeks now, just curious what will happen...
There are some huge differences in the ingredients in the ammonia free glass cleaners. The reason the picture has greek is because I mispelled the slovakian when i was searching. But If my guess is right, that particular product could work pretty well for you.
Id go a lot more harsch on a "useless" brush and probably use @Vladimir 's method for that but yeah anyhow

I guess we'll see how how much it can do when you try that revolution.

I went to the store with pocket magnifying glass like some kinda weirdo. I went to stelex and ajax. Those products don't have ingredients written on their sticker. On front side you have regular ajax sticker, on back side of the same sticker you have multiple language support but nothing about ingredients. It says, that it is Colgate product(for Ajax) and if you need more info you need to go to www.ajax.com. But when I went to ajax.com i was redirected to colgate and didn't see a thing about ajax. Stelex had the same crapy info on the sticker. Which is very weird, I thought that info need to be put on a product in EU...

yes colgate-palmolive is the parent company.
I've already been through all the ingredients for all the ajax products. It wasn't a complete guess :)
Could't find much for stelex.

I use a mix of denatured alcohol (Methyl Hydrate) and distilled water....1 part alcohol, 2 parts water...I can get 4 liters of each for a total of $10 cad...
Cleans great...
Always wear safety mask when spraying....

I found out one cleaner which has this ingredients:
STELEX BRILIANT
Aqua
Butoxyethanol
Sodium lauryl ether sulfate
Parfum
Sodium carbonat

I googled a little about those ingredients on wikipedia, seems ok, but I don't have a clue really. -.-

http://www.sampionka.si/brands/stelex/cistilo-za-steklo/
It's essentially 4012 :)
Like very very close to dead on. A botttle of this would be like a bottle that size of 4012 with a drop or two of shampoo added

Last edited:
I would be buying that in a hearbeat! Using it for reducer and cleaner.
Id use it for everything except the occasional deep cleaning,
Id probably pick up some of that denatured for that.
Then youd be set!

I would be buying that in a hearbeat! Using it for reducer and cleaner.
Id use it for everything except the occasional deep cleaning,
Id probably pick up some of that denatured for that.
Then youd be set!
Denaturated spirit? The one I was talking about it is used for cleaning electronics? How did you found out what is in 4012? I couldn't find it -.- Am I missing something?

The only issue you might maybe have is pigment separation in a highly reduced mix. Because of the sodium laureth sulfate. Fragrance/parfum is no big deal. The sodium carbonate is nothing but a PH balancer and will likely be less than .01%
It would still be great as a usual cleaner and very very worth trying as reducer.

I got one more weird question :D

Stelex is dirt cheap so savings would be huge. If I could use it for reducer that is even more savings. But here comes the question. Would it be advisable after I am done with a cleaning to shoot some distilled water or it doesn't mater? To flush that stelex?

Back