Wanna share your receipe for home made cleaner?

Probably doesnt matter. I don't know ,I'd be on the fence. It's fine to end with water but at the same time in all honesty it might be ever so slightly better to end with stelex. it's PH balanced and the sodium laureth sulfate may actually keep any bare brass protected a little from moisture in the air, or could attract a little moisture.
IMO it's splitting hairs.
Probably end with water

Probably doesnt matter. I don't know ,I'd be on the fence. It's fine to end with water but at the same time in all honesty it might be ever so slightly better to end with stelex. it's PH balanced and the sodium laureth sulfate may actually keep any bare brass protected a little from moisture in the air, or could attract a little moisture.
IMO it's splitting hairs.
Probably end with water
Well with savings from using stelex I could probably buy one new eclipse each year if I would airbrush much...or one per 2 years :p

one more BTW

If it does give you a problem with pigment separation when highly reduced. You can still use it......adding about 1/4 tsp of salt to a bottle then filtering will basically kill the sodium laureth sulfate.

Woohoo! the first bit of alchemy added to this thread

But I would wait to do that until you see if there is actually any issue.
and then I wouldnt use the salted bottle for cleaner, just reducer

Last edited:
one more BTW

If it does give you a problem with pigment separation when highly reduced. You can still use it......adding about 1/4 tsp of salt to a bottle then filtering will basically kill the sodium laureth sulfate.

Woohoo! the first bit of alchemy added to this thread

But I would wait to do that until you see if there is actually any issue.
and then I wouldnt use the salted bottle for cleaner, just reducer
I didn't reduce much. Using wicked on t-shirts. So basically I don't even know how broken pigments look like -.-

Sounds like that is the isopropyl alcohol macd was talking about
So I went to our local Pharmacies, please note Pharmacies, to enquire regarding Rubbing Alcohol, Its either Isopropyl or Ethenol @ 70%... So I asked will Surgical Alcohol not be similar? Lady Im a Pharmacist not an alchemist... Okay so now I know I cant buy either Isopropyl or Ethenol direct as I am not qualified for the usage in alchemy either, Rubbing Alcohol I can get at Dischem, but they sold out.. have to wait another week... Give me strength!! Or patience, which ever mean I wont end up in jail for killing stupidity!

That is exactly what I was thinking. After all, airbrush is all metal? Anybody know what they used decades ago?
Whiskey?

hm...shooting whiskey without protection mask -.-

If I would save money on airbrush cleaner, would I save enough to buy new seals if I would need to?(didn't check how expensive that is)... Or is it possible to save so much you can buy new airbrush in one year, maybe 2 or 3? It's all mathematics I think.
Whiskey with a drop of glycerin, for lubrication lol

I went to the store with pocket magnifying glass like some kinda weirdo. I went to stelex and ajax. Those products don't have ingredients written on their sticker. On front side you have regular ajax sticker, on back side of the same sticker you have multiple language support but nothing about ingredients. It says, that it is Colgate product(for Ajax) and if you need more info you need to go to www.ajax.com. But when I went to ajax.com i was redirected to colgate and didn't see a thing about ajax. Stelex had the same crapy info on the sticker. Which is very weird, I thought that info need to be put on a product in EU...
And Welcome to South Africa, famous for saying a lot but not following the rules, Colgate is an South African Company and we all know Ajax, but try and ask anyone where the "Ammonia Free" or "NO AMMONIA" notifications is, then lets assume, it contains ammonia. I wont take a chance on those, shopping around this side for Ammonia free glass cleaner, @AndreZA might assist in how we can ship to you guys and if we need any specific regulatory documentation.

So I went to our local Pharmacies, please note Pharmacies, to enquire regarding Rubbing Alcohol, Its either Isopropyl or Ethenol @ 70%... So I asked will Surgical Alcohol not be similar? Lady Im a Pharmacist not an alchemist... Okay so now I know I cant buy either Isopropyl or Ethenol direct as I am not qualified for the usage in alchemy either, Rubbing Alcohol I can get at Dischem, but they sold out.. have to wait another week... Give me strength!! Or patience, which ever mean I wont end up in jail for killing stupidity!

The 91% rubbing alcohol is perfect.

Back