Watercolor techniques on Candy2o?

N

Neural

Just curious. As I'm learning about the Candy2o paints, my mind is mulling over ideas on what I could do.

So... in water color painting, you can sprinkle table salt on a still wet surface to create some really interesting texture effects due to how the salt reacts to the water in the paint, causing it to have a celled type effect.

so I'm thinking.. Candy2o is water based....

Will the reducers and inner coat hinder this idea, or can it be used to achieve the same effects?

Don't know... you'll have to find out. Don't use salt on a raw ali surface though... will cause pitting... :) I expect the inter coat will stop that as it isolates the layers.

Don't know... you'll have to find out. Don't use salt on a raw ali surface though... will cause pitting... :) I expect the inter coat will stop that as it isolates the layers.
True. Didn't really consider it for aluminum. I'm going to have to try that at some point now that I think about it. What got me thinking about it was a tutorial on doing flames. I was watching a guy layer red on yellow and thought it might be an interesting way to add some texture to the base of the fire.
On aluminum though... yeah.. I have ideas going now. :D

I'd be leary of doing it on steel as well, possibility of rust/corrosion. Unless intercoat it let it fully cure than do it... definitely a good experiment.

Now that's thinking outside the box,there are other ways to your might try like spraying a little ammonium on it? All your can do is try it

Back