Which airbrush do you use?

Which Airbrush Do You Use?

• Total voters
Started with cheapo china brand... moved onto cheapo named china brand (veda wd180).. Now the proud owner of a H&S Evolution 2 in 1 0.2 and 0.4...

Like many others I started with a cheapie Chinese knock off, then I got an Iwata Eclipse HP-SBS. I've just recently acquired a Badger Sotar 20/20 2F, and have a Iwata Revolotion CR on order just to round out a set which should be able to cover most things.

badger sotar and bager krome.. my sotar for detail hairline work and krome I just love using its a grwat all roubd airbrush..

and although they are not as detailed or well made (and everyone says they I rubbish ) but they can be usable. so just to show it can be done I did this with my eBay chinese airbrush as my bagers were both broken.
14e70969c3bf5a1d8388b5dacb5f8efd.jpg
704d2cea855b0eccc8c227dcd6875cda.jpg

and although they are not as detailed or well made (and everyone says they I rubbish ) but they can be usable. so just to show it can be done I did this with my eBay chinese airbrush as my bagers were both broken. [/QUOTE]

Just goes to prove once again that it's the artist, not the tool, that's critical.

Beautiful work!

I have now a Iwata HP C+ with a 0,2 nozzle with a Zsolt? Soft spring[emoji106]

I have a vega 2000s which i have had for about 14 or 15 years, painted many of things with them. Just learned last night that they were taken over by badger and they went down hill from there.

i used china airbrush before. now i got my iwata eclips hpcs. feels like from driving a ferrari now:encouragement:
My friend just told me about the iwata eclipse, says its an awesome gun. That will be my next purchase.

I use an Iwata Eclipse HP-CS As my main brush, and my Iwata HP-CH for when things get right
Also have 2 paasche VL's that are set up with different needle nozzle sets, but they just sit there on their hangers to remind me where i started out

My friend just told me about the iwata eclipse, says its an awesome gun. That will be my next purchase.
In all honesty, I think everyone should have an eclipse in their tool kit.... It's just that good for an all purpose brush.... Haven't really found a situation where it didn't work well

Badger Sotar 2020. Just got an Iwata Neo, which is much better than I expected for the money. Grex XN before that; not bad but has developed a sticky trigger and was always prone to clog easily (might have been the paint I was using). The Sotar 2020 paints like a dream; amazing detail.
How's the sotar?

I got a Sotar for Christmas. Have used it only a few time. Other than the hand using it, it works really well. I still have to really push some paint through it and get to know it.
My workhorse is a Patriot 105. It is a great brush and works well. My first was a 150. Being an older used brush, I use that for heavier paints, like pearls.
I, like many others have only used Badger and have no experience with Iwatas, or H.S. Is it worth the effort to buy and HP just to see the difference?

I got a Sotar for Christmas. Have used it only a few time. Other than the hand using it, it works really well. I still have to really push some paint through it and get to know it.
My workhorse is a Patriot 105. It is a great brush and works well. My first was a 150. Being an older used brush, I use that for heavier paints, like pearls.
I, like many others have only used Badger and have no experience with Iwatas, or H.S. Is it worth the effort to buy and HP just to see the difference?

Unless you think you need another brush you need to buy anything else, it isn't worth spending money "just to see" but if you would like to increase your arsenal anyway, then I would say go for it, we don't hear too many complaints about Iwata other than the price of parts so you certainly wouldn't have wasted your money.

If you have he cash, go for it. I have an HP-CH and its a solid brush. Hell, I already bought a bunch of airbrushes and still have the urge to buy more. I know where you're coming from. :)

lol I bought another brush two days ago another hp-bcs to add to the arsenal, now I have three of them. Work horse airbrushes can never go wrong with them. Ebay buy it was used $60

lol I bought another brush two days ago another hp-bcs to add to the arsenal, now I have three of them. Work horse airbrushes can never go wrong with them. Ebay buy it was used $60
I've been looking at the Eclipse CS for a while now. I've talked myself out of it up to this point, but I'll cave eventually. I already have a Patriot as my workhorse and put the .4 nozzle set in my Infinity if I need backup. I'm pretty well covered, but just keep buying them anyway.

I've been looking at the Eclipse CS for a while now. I've talked myself out of it up to this point, but I'll cave eventually. I already have a Patriot as my workhorse and put the .4 nozzle set in my Infinity if I need backup. I'm pretty well covered, but just keep buying them anyway.
I know the feeling I deal hunt and I have my bucket list. I need to get the mojo 3 and 2 or the the super tuned phoenix. I also want an olympos micron not the hp. I also have located a side fed phoenix.

I know the feeling I deal hunt and I have my bucket list. I need to get the mojo 3 and 2 or the the super tuned phoenix. I also want an olympos micron not the hp. I also have located a side fed phoenix.

I'll likely be ordering another Mojo III.
I like the trigger response, detail capability, and it feels better in the hand when using the knuckle dragged trigger technique.

Back