Which airbrush do you use?

Which Airbrush Do You Use?

• Total voters
My go-to guns are three Iwata Revolutions, two CRs and a BR for smaller details. Just ordered a Harder and Steenbeck Evolution CRplus and I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

Rob

Just starting out and so opted for cheap Chinese knock off brushes. Noticed that Amazon have a deal on SimAIR SP35 brush, not heard of these does anyone have any experience with these?

The sparmax SP35 has the look of an Iwata, it has a nozzle size of .3 which is good for medium to larger size areas to be painted such as backgrounds or base coats ect. The .3 nozzle wont give a great deal of detail if that is what you are looking for in a brush. As for the quality I could not say as I have not used one. Personally if it were me I would buy a Iwata Eclipse, or a Badger krome for around the same amount of money. Krome goes for around $ 129 - 140 and the Eclipse I think is around $ 120.

I have an update, Still using my Iwata HP-B+ the most and now my Devilbiss super 63 second. Got myself a Micron SB today so I suppose that will be my weapon of choice in the future. I also have a Devilbiss Super 93 on the way which has a 0.10 setup, looking forward to trying that but i think it might be a bit finiky. All the others I don't use much and some not at all as they were what I started with.

Iwata HP-B+ 0.20
DeVilbis super 63a x2 0.12
DeVilbis super 63e 0.12
Richpen 213c Mike Learn Mojo 0.20
Richpen 113c 0.30
Paasche Talon 0.25 & 0.38
Badger Sotar 2020 x2 0.23
SimAir SP2000sf 0.30
Nail Creations Iwata HP-B copy 0.30
Fraulein38 Iwata Micron copy 0.20
unbranded Iwata Micron copy 0.20
Unbranded Iwata HP-C copy 0.30
Unbranded Iwata HP-B copy 0.40
Unbranded Gold Iwata HP-B copy 0.30
Aztek 3000 multiple heads

Iwata Micron CM-SB for xmas 0.18
DeVilbiss Super 93 on the way 0.10

Now where is the AA meeting :)

Lee

Iwata rules lol!!
2-eclipse cs
2-HP-C+
2-HP-CH hi-line
1-HP-B+
Hopefully cm-c+ micron in the near future.

I use Iwata HP-BC+, Eclipse BCS... I have an old ebay crap (airbrush city) and a single action badger for my kids !

I want to get a Micron later, if I still have the "airbrushing flame" ! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Badger Sotar 2020. Just got an Iwata Neo, which is much better than I expected for the money. Grex XN before that; not bad but has developed a sticky trigger and was always prone to clog easily (might have been the paint I was using). The Sotar 2020 paints like a dream; amazing detail.

lol :D started with the exact Neo, but just got my sotar 2020 just like u :p

I have an update, Still using my Iwata HP-B+ the most and now my Devilbiss super 63 second. Got myself a Micron SB today so I suppose that will be my weapon of choice in the future. I also have a Devilbiss Super 93 on the way which has a 0.10 setup, looking forward to trying that but i think it might be a bit finiky. All the others I don't use much and some not at all as they were what I started with.

Iwata HP-B+ 0.20
DeVilbis super 63a x2 0.12
DeVilbis super 63e 0.12
Richpen 213c Mike Learn Mojo 0.20
Richpen 113c 0.30
Paasche Talon 0.25 & 0.38
Badger Sotar 2020 x2 0.23
SimAir SP2000sf 0.30
Nail Creations Iwata HP-B copy 0.30
Fraulein38 Iwata Micron copy 0.20
unbranded Iwata Micron copy 0.20
Unbranded Iwata HP-C copy 0.30
Unbranded Iwata HP-B copy 0.40
Unbranded Gold Iwata HP-B copy 0.30
Aztek 3000 multiple heads

Iwata Micron CM-SB for xmas 0.18
DeVilbiss Super 93 on the way 0.10

Now where is the AA meeting :)

Lee

Whered you get that DeVilbiss Super 93 at? .1, dang! Want to check it out. Thanks :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi There,

1) H&S Infinity 2 in 1 0.15 - 0.4 mm
2) AB130 - 0.2 - 0.3mm

I am looking to get another 0.15mm shooter, but think I will stay with H&s, maybe the Evolution AL plus.

almost All parts in H&S the infinity,evolution is interchangeable so why change if you already have the best and only need to keep half the spares.

Also looking at getting a Colani 0.8mm for bigger areas.

I love my H&S!!!!!!!

Whered you get that DeVilbiss Super 93 at? .1, dang! Want to check it out. Thanks :p

Amazon, but unfortunately there were none in stock so I am still looking. As i said it may be a bit finiky with paint being such a small nozzle and Rick posted on here earlier in the thread that his 93 is a bit hard to get it to perform properly. As a beginner I would go with a 0.2 or 0.23 which should be plenty enough to get detail whilst being able to do coverage as well.
Still looking for a Super 93 just for novelty factor. Would love to try one with etac efx.

Lee

Did any of you that have nice brushes now, start your airbrushing hobby/career with, or at one time use a cheap knock off, like a harbor freight airbrush?

I've never tried a nice brush, I've got the harbor freight one, I'm guessing there is a difference but what is the difference?

Thanks, Jim

Did any of you that have nice brushes now, start your airbrushing hobby/career with, or at one time use a cheap knock off, like a harbor freight airbrush?

I've never tried a nice brush, I've got the harbor freight one, I'm guessing there is a difference but what is the difference?

Thanks, Jim

I airbrushed for 4 years, 20 years ago with a Badger 150. I bought a cheap knock off to see what it was like, but never use it. It has sat in the box since day one.

To answer your question. Consistency.

Hi There,

1) H&S Infinity 2 in 1 0.15 - 0.4 mm
2) AB130 - 0.2 - 0.3mm

I am looking to get another 0.15mm shooter, but think I will stay with H&s, maybe the Evolution AL plus.

almost All parts in H&S the infinity,evolution is interchangeable so why change if you already have the best and only need to keep half the spares.

Also looking at getting a Colani 0.8mm for bigger areas.

I love my H&S!!!!!!!

My AL Plus and Micron are my favorites. At the moment I still use the AL plus more often, but they will both be my go to airbrushes.

Started off with an Aztek 3000 It was different and made of plastic resin. It worked for me when I first started but now I have moved on to better AB's I still have the Aztek and it still works but I don't use it.

Lee

Just picked up the Eclipse HP-BCS and more paint yesterday.

On top of LEDs,... I'm now collecting AB paint and brushes...like women collect shoes :wink-new:.

Loren

I'm still learning but I have found the best A/B for me is the H&D Infinity 2 in 1, so so easy to use and clean !

Back