Which German airbrush to choose?

Well looks like my bravery paid off. I have three EFBE airbrushes and one of them is in complete great working order. So for my 38€ gamble I got one really great airbrush and maybe with the parts I have I can make a second really great one.

a9y6ebe2.jpg

That is the B1 model. I also have the A1 and possibly either a B1 or C1 hinged ( side feed ) I will make another working one from one of those.

These are definitely a different animal than the Japanese or American made airbrushes. I love the combined double action. It's so smooth and effortless. I believe that mine has the standard .20 needle and nozzle combo and the lines go from fairly small to fairly large as I would expect. When I build up another one I will opt for the .15 combo. All the mention of quality that people have made about the EFBE models is dead on. They may not have all the features in the world but feel like they can last forever.

Nice score! I've never used one, but that trigger being so close to the cup wouldn't work well for me. My trigger is usually back close to my first knuckle.

Nice score! I've never used one, but that trigger being so close to the cup wouldn't work well for me. My trigger is usually back close to my first knuckle.

I would have thought the same, however the fact that you don't push down on the button only pull back ( combined double action ) the amount of effort needed is very minimal. So really you are only sliding it back with the end of your finger.

I picked up another EFBE A1 but with the .15 needle on eBay tonight. Looks like I need to stop buying stuff and paint more.

Also I stripped and cleaned the B1 and now it is working flawlessly. It needed a good cleaning more than I realized as the atomization is much much better now. I also gave a brief polish to the needle that may have helped some.

I am loving the EFBE and the combined action. I really would like to see the difference between these and the Grafo.

Back