Wicked Jet Black for Textiles...

I

IgorsCloset

PURE JUNK!

Man, I can't get a crisp color out of this black. I have to lay it down over and over and over... still looks like crap.

Someone said that it would be fine on here, so I thought I'd put it on here that it's NOT what a Tshirt artist needs.

For some stupid reason, I didn't get any black when I ordered my Spectratex so I was hankering for some black. I got some standard Createx black for now to switch to and see how much better it is. I'm shooting at 60 psi starting and hovering at 53ish constant spray. I should be able to push that Createx.

Which black did you get.they make several.if it's not opaque then you have a transparent which will do what is happening with you right now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

PURE JUNK!

Man, I can't get a crisp color out of this black. I have to lay it down over and over and over... still looks like crap.

Someone said that it would be fine on here, so I thought I'd put it on here that it's NOT what a Tshirt artist needs.

For some stupid reason, I didn't get any black when I ordered my Spectratex so I was hankering for some black. I got some standard Createx black for now to switch to and see how much better it is. I'm shooting at 60 psi starting and hovering at 53ish constant spray. I should be able to push that Createx.

Standard Createx is t-shirt paint. If it is Wicked brand made by Createx it will work on t-shirts but being it is more designed for the artist palette it will take more coats to cover , I assume being the PSI you are shooting at it is straight out of the bottle with no reduction? Oh and all Wicked is Opaque the more you reduce them the more transparent you can make them or by using Trans base to make the color transparent .

Standard Createx how ever does come in opaque and Transparent. See if it is marked as such on the bottle .
Spectra tex is a lot thinner then Createx and will work straight out the bottle through a .35 at 30PSI.
But posting a picture of what the paint is doing and even the bottle of paint you are using would help this thread a lot more.

Oh definitely, I'd posted a pic but I just sold my laptop and the desktop I built.... well yeah, it doesn't have a port for my memory cards. Sucks because I HAD a usb card reader. So I'll use mom's pc later.

Micron, not to argue but Sea Monkey said somewhere that "Basically the detail is your transparent side of wicked" and it seems like I even seen Wicked at HL that even SAID transparent on it. Now I'll be the first to admit that all that paint was also scattered, so it may very well have been a reg. Createx bottle.

I'll jump on mom's pc in a bit and post a few pics of different shirts.

K, first off I hadn't had sleep when I posted first, lol. I didn't mean for it to sound so hateful on Wicked. Just find the Jet Black I was told to use not near the quality I am looking for.

But look at my Kaylee, with many passes to get it to the depth that it is, and look at this other artist's Richard shirt. My old Aqua Flow used to be crisp like the Richard. I'm just used to getting that kinda crispness of black with one pass.

100_2817.jpgil_570xN.549492817_60gl.jpg

Just got done doing a Saw blade for a guy who wanted something cheap. I used the Wicked Jet Black and.. yeah, it's definitely NOT as opaque as other paints I'd used. I understand the purpose of the paint, just saying that because others have told me it'd be fine for lettering and it's not.

However, for detail the paint seems like it'd be great, however I'm still siphoning the paint and won't make judgement for hard-shell painting until I get a gravity fed Iwata and mess with it. Will post pic of the saw blade in a bit.

Here's the saw. It took about 4 passes for me to completely cover on the lettering.

100_2821.jpg100_2822.jpg100_2823.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back