Wicked Paints Lure painter beginners selection

busanga

Double Actioner
Looking to buy some wicked paints to begin playing / practicing lure painting.

I just want to get the basic colours to start.

Black
White
Red
Blue
Green
Yellow
Pink
Gold
Silver

But am confused about the Opaque, Fluoro etc. What is the difference etc.

Also I guess clear coat too and reducer.

Lots advice needed.

FYI I live in a country can't get any airbrush paints so I will pick these up when I visit UK and bring back with me.. so am making a list.

I have never airbrushed before and am not an artist so is all a big learning curve..

Thanks for your help and patience.

Oh I will be using Iwata Eclipse HP-CS and Airgoo (3l) compressor

I think this is enough for painting lures in a basic way. Perhaps either some metalic or metalic-medium color. You can also include some pearl color. If you paint a base coat of white and then a pearl or metalic, the next colors are going to shine a little and in my opinion this is nice.
I would select opaques as well. If you need a transparent color, you can use transparent base for mixing with a little amount of opaque. Then you are going to get transparency that is cool for lure painting. If you add for example a silver metalic, you can get a very nice golden-metalic with a thin layer of yellow over the metalic, and so on.
The best way to learn is to try your paints in wood before use it in your lures and make some combinations.
I use Vallejo Model Color and Schmincke ink. My impression is Vallejo has a better cover than Schmincke and it is widely use for models. Thanks.

Looking to buy some wicked paints to begin playing / practicing lure painting.

I just want to get the basic colours to start.

Black
White
Red
Blue
Green
Yellow
Pink
Gold
Silver

But am confusedbout the Opaque, Fluoro etc. What is the difference etc.

Also I guess clear coat too and reducer.

Lots advice needed.

FYI I live in a country can't get any airbrush paints so I will pick these up when I visit UK and bring back with me.. so am making a list.

I have never airbrushed before and am not an artist so is all a big learning curve..

Thanks for your help and patience.

Oh I will be using Iwata Eclipse HP-CS and Airgoo (3l) compressor
There are for basic paints I use when painting my lures.
1. Opaque (can't see thru)
2. Transparent (can see the color under it or see thru the paint)
3. Florescent (Bright and glow under a black light)
4. Pearl (gives the color a shine like a pearl.

As for your clear there are a few ways to clear your baits.
1. Automotive clears both 1part and 2 part clears(NEED TO WEAR THE RIGHT RESPIRATOR FOR THEM!
2. 30 minute epoxy.
3. UV Clear(sets up under UV light)
4 dipping type clears
Hope this helps you out

Metallic medium is very usefull as well, you can turn whatever colour (opaque/transparent) on metallic, I use mine a lot :)

Attachments

• IMG_2286.jpeg
    IMG_2286.jpeg
    327.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2287.jpeg
    IMG_2287.jpeg
    327.1 KB · Views: 8
Back