Wicked Reducer

Vince Driver

Needle-chuck Ninja
Just purchased a Wicked Detail paint sample kit. Has five colors and has the W100 reducer with it. Also purchased the 4012 reducer. Will they both be ok with the detail line?

The w100 is not the same as 4012.
W100 is the same as 4011 and
W500 is the same as 4012
Atleast that's how I understand it.

I thought they made the W500 the standard except for the 4011 which has Acetone added? So many products!

The 4012/W500 is the high perfermance reducer. The 4011/W100 works well, but the newer one is superior, has even better flow, less tip dry, harder cure etc. If you want to use erasing techniques you might want to use the W100/4011 as there is a smaller window to work in with the W500 with the quick drying and hard cure - however surface plays a big part in that too. On a decent surface I don't have an issue, and much prefer the benefits of the high performance reducer. The 4012 /W500 is also a great cleaner, back flush a couple of drops, clean out then spray a couple of drops through, and your nozzle will stay squeaky clean. Not the most cost effective perhaps, but it really only takes a little and worth it to me to have a great performing gun.

W100 was the early reducer for Wicked. 4011 is the Auto Air version of the same reducer. Not sure if there are any chemical differences.

W500 is the High Speed reducer which means more solvent and quicker evaporating time. Less workable time. 4012 is the newer number, but the same reducer as W500. I personally do not like 4012 mixed in my illustration paint because it dries so rapidly I get more tip dry.
4012 in Wicked Paints is fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist

Back