For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

2K clear coat

Discussion in 'Paints' started by Ronald art, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Ronald art

Ronald art Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

the CV19 made impossible to have my work clear coated by a pro in a spray booth so I had to come up with something that I could spray with out a spray booth and I found this product
    DSCN1654 (2).JPG
    it can be sprayed with temperatures round or above 20 C degrees and it is dries within an hour
    I know no one should spray this stuff without protection or with out a spray booth but these are strange times and I made sure I had all the right gear to protect myself and a well ventilated room to spray in
    all I needed to know what the trick behind a good clear coat is and my friend filled me in on that trick :D
    all went perfect till the last wet coat : my regulator started to leak air and pressure and I ended up with a mild orange peel but I had to sand the clear coat any way as there is a micro flake in the base paint so I didnt mind
    the clear coat was indeed dry after an hour and it said it was ready for cut and buff after 1.5 hour so I waited 2 hours to be on the safe side and sanded all imperfections out and it is now ready for the final coats
    I should have about 3 to 4 days before this clear is fully hardened and temps will stay round the 20 degrees

the regulator is now fixed and I am happy to have found a 2K clear I can work with
    jord001 and SiRoxx like this.
  2. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Staff Member Mod Very Likeable!

That’s great Ron. The clear I have seems to have similar dry times. It’s not bad for a relatively cheap clear glad you’ve had good results with yours.
    jord001 and Ronald art like this.