5601 Createx trans base & 4012 Hpr

G

GeeDonV

hello, i have a few questions here and i hope i can get a clue for it.
1.How and proper way to use the 5601, does it suit for wicked and maybe have a wider range of application
2. Will 4012 high perf reducer suit to be mixed with 5601?
3. i had some issues with reducing wicked opaque colour with 4012, it would become kinda gummy, possible thing that can lead to? *picture attached Red opaque
1cd80351bbed0261212eacedc93b738f.jpg
1964403b7a5b643e2d6c7efb7e802be9.jpg
9dc84b92dccd9e5b153987cdef02cd0c.jpg
69a9866921a5a912e1b133ca44f3b0ee.jpg

1. 5601 is the standard createx paint without pigment. It's meant to be used with standard createx. People use it to knock down the hairs on t shirts before starting as well. Not sure if it's compatible with wicked.
2. 4012 is supposed to be fine for reducer with all createx products
3.If that's 4012 with just wicked alone , the paint is damaged. If it's with 5601 and wicked maybe the 5601/wicked is a problem? again not sure if they work together.

1. 5601 is the standard createx paint without pigment. It's meant to be used with standard createx. People use it to knock down the hairs on t shirts before starting as well. Not sure if it's compatible with wicked.
2. 4012 is supposed to be fine for reducer with all createx products
3.If that's 4012 with just wicked alone , the paint is damaged. If it's with 5601 and wicked maybe the 5601/wicked is a problem? again not sure if they work together.

Thank you, so far i used 5601 to prep a fabric surface, and i did mix wicked with it and i cant see any issue yet, but still looking for the official or experience based to answer it.
maybe you were right about damaged paint, i would try to leave it sit in a cup a little longer to see how it react.

as Robbie said the 5601 is just paint without pigment so to thin it use the 4012 after mixing to thin the whole mix. Also remember your colors will be lighter due to less pigment after mixing with the 5601

Thank you, so far i used 5601 to prep a fabric surface, and i did mix wicked with it and i cant see any issue yet, but still looking for the official or experience based to answer it.
maybe you were right about damaged paint, i would try to leave it sit in a cup a little longer to see how it react.
I would guess that paint has been way too hot at some point

How does the paint looked mixed with 5601 or even a bit of water? I'm not a fan of 4012.. 4020 is where it's at.
it doesnt change the paint structure even with water, ive used it to get a transparent type of paint.
but for 4012 its a gamble.

as Robbie said the 5601 is just paint without pigment so to thin it use the 4012 after mixing to thin the whole mix. Also remember your colors will be lighter due to less pigment after mixing with the 5601
i cant really catch up, do you mean it should go like this:
5601+colour >4012 ?

it doesnt change the paint structure even with water, ive used it to get a transparent type of paint.
but for 4012 its a gamble.

If you can, get some 4020 in case you run into this again and to test this particular bottle. I love the stuff. I only use 4012 in certain situations just so I can get rid of it. I'll never buy another bottle again. There is a rumor that 4020 is just 4012 with some acetone. I'm not convinced. But you could give it a try.

If you can, get some 4020 in case you run into this again and to test this particular bottle. I love the stuff. I only use 4012 in certain situations just so I can get rid of it. I'll never buy another bottle again. There is a rumor that 4020 is just 4012 with some acetone. I'm not convinced. But you could give it a try.
Might be available with on9 purchase, and bit pricey but it seem like a convincing method, would get it once wallet said so. [emoji3]

The boys have got you covered. You’re essentially adding paint+transparent paint (aka transparent base) then reducing as needed.
Be very careful with the 4020, it does have acetone in it and it’s highly recommended that it is sprayed with appropriate professional ventilation and masks

The boys have got you covered. You’re essentially adding paint+transparent paint (aka transparent base) then reducing as needed.
Be very careful with the 4020, it does have acetone in it and it’s highly recommended that it is sprayed with appropriate professional ventilation and masks
oh gosh, 4020 seem dont go well with my current vent system then.

Sent from my vivo Y31L using Tapatalk

Createx does recommend reducer first, then paint. The reducer will burn (not sure if right word ) the pigment of the paint if put in second. If you are using 4030 with it, make a slurry then add that to the paint. A slurry is a mix of 4012 and 4030. Also, after using 4012, let it sit for 5-10 min and mix again...There is a video by Craig somewhere, let me see if I can find it...

Found it...

Last edited:
Back