A little help choosing please

SiRoxx

Party Boy UK Style
Staff member
Mod
Hi Guys. I'm new to the forum and new to airbrushing in general. I've had enough trigger time to know that I love it! I have started with a cheap set and am already looking to buy a nicer brush. Research has shown that the HP-CS is a popular first decent brush. That's probably the way I will go, but I was wondering why there isn't more love for the HP-C+? My goals can be best described as Hotrod / Biker art, possibly some T Shirts and Guitar bodies too. So which do you guys recommend? Many thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Eclipse is so popular because it is cheaper, cheaper spares and nozzle is a drop in compared to a screw in. Much easier to clean. And it can go pretty fine if you get use to it.

I would stick to the CS in the areas you mentioned it will give you more versatility. Just add the .5mm conversion for t-shirts. The HP-C is a great brush especially for automotive. For T-shirts it at times becomes a bit more difficult because of the heavier paint.

http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist

Plus the CS can have the .5 nozzle needle install from the BCS for t-shirt art where you want higher PSI and thicker paint .
It is a work horse of an airbrush that stands up over many hours of usage.

Now how about a nice introduction to tell us more about your self like where do you live :D
You can find that section here http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/

Plus the CS can have the .5 nozzle needle install from the BCS for t-shirt art where you want higher PSI and thicker paint .
It is a work horse of an airbrush that stands up over many hours of usage.

Now how about a nice introduction to tell us more about your self like where do you live :D
You can find that section here http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/
I have just posted an introduction, thanks for the link and the advice.

Appreciate the replies everyone. I think my fist proper project will be a custom Motorcycle Helmet. But I want to massively improve my skills before tackling that.

They are both great brushes, however the hp-cs is a more versatile all rounder, the drop in nozzle is much easier to handle, some of the fiddly trigger parts are one piece so easier to put together. The .35 nozzle is more forgiving with paint reduction making it great for newbies. But don't fear this is some entry level brush, you wont out grow it, you can get some very fine detail from it, and though you may wish to add another brush later for more specific needs, you will use it as well as, not instead of. Like everyone says, add the .5 set up ( head, nozzle and needle)for thicker paint, and effects paints and it will be ideal for auto and shirts.

They are both great brushes, however the hp-cs is a more versatile all rounder, the drop in nozzle is much easier to handle, some of the fiddly trigger parts are one piece so easier to put together. The .35 nozzle is more forgiving with paint reduction making it great for newbies. But don't fear this is some entry level brush, you wont out grow it, you can get some very fine detail from it, and though you may wish to add another brush later for more specific needs, you will use it as well as, not instead of. Like everyone says, add the .5 set up ( head, nozzle and needle)for thicker paint, and effects paints and it will be ideal for auto and shirts.
That's some very solid advice. I am definitely attracted by the ease of use and getting an additional brush at a later date. Many thanks.

That's some very solid advice. I am definitely attracted by the ease of use and getting an additional brush at a later date. Many thanks.

Well what you waiting for now?, go and get it and then post a photo:thumbsup:

Which one did you go for????
I went for the Eclipse CS. The gravity fed beauty. The guys here did not steer me wrong, it’s been an amazing brush that initially took all my Noobie abuse and continued to work. I’ve been able to grow with the brush and I can’t imagine I’ll ever not need it. Currently the best price in the U.K. is either the same sight mentioned in this thread or air-craft.net , Martin is a great guy, his postage is fast and he’s a reliable supplier.

I thought for a second that @SiRoxx was having trouble choosing his next cocktail and needed help.

I have several brands inc Badger, Iwata, Richpen, Olympos, Paasche, Aztec, DeVilbiss. My go to brush is my Iwata but I do use my other airbrushes, Ok maybe not my Aztek but I use the richpen and the DeVilbiss as they are nice to use. They all have their place somewhere. I'm sure Si has already chosen his preferred airbrush.

Lee

I thought for a second that @SiRoxx was having trouble choosing his next cocktail and needed help.

I have several brands inc Badger, Iwata, Richpen, Olympos, Paasche, Aztec, DeVilbiss. My go to brush is my Iwata but I do use my other airbrushes, Ok maybe not my Aztek but I use the richpen and the DeVilbiss as they are nice to use. They all have their place somewhere. I'm sure Si has already chosen his preferred airbrush.

Lee
Haha, no help needed there Buddy. I’ve just decided to go through them all alphabetically. It takes the stress out of the decision.

Back