A question about a iwata HP-C

fernando fracaroli

Young Tutorling
Hello all. i'm new here, Fernando Fracaroli from Brasil, i use 5 airbrushes: a Gatti AG3, an old Holbein Y-2, 2 no name chineses and this Iwata HP-C.

And my first very question is: Is there a needle preset handle from other brands or from other models from Iwata that fits this HP-C?

I use a lot the needle preset on the other brushes i have and miss it a lot in this Iwata.

Tks in advance for any clue.

Fernando

Thank you again very much for the picture @DaveG . Fits Beautifully. Will order from coastairbrush. I see a hole on the tip cap. What it does exactly, if you don't mind I ask?

Hehehehe, I had debated taking that off before taking the photo... That is an "eyelet" needle cap from Richpen. There are 3 holes around the circumference of the cap, reducing air turbulence around the needle. It allows you to get much closer, even touch your work piece without disturbing the spray pattern - without having to remove the needle cap.

Hello all. i'm new here, Fernando Fracaroli from Brasil, i use 5 airbrushes: a Gatti AG3, an old Holbein Y-2, 2 no name chineses and this Iwata HP-C.

And my first very question is: Is there a needle preset handle from other brands or from other models from Iwata that fits this HP-C?

I use a lot the needle preset on the other brushes i have and miss it a lot in this Iwata.

Tks in advance for any clue.

Fernando

Iwata used to sell a preset needle handle as an accessory for their HP line. Handle was tapered anodized aluminum, similar to the Badger guns from that era. I had one for my HP-C before you fancy schmancy whipper snappers got spoiled with your HP-C Plus sets. It used to cost somewhere like $30 USD. I also had an optional HP crown cap.

Honestly, though, call me nostalgic but I kinda like the original straight chrome handle HP-C. No frills and still works great.

then again maybe I’ll go buy a CM-C Plus tomorrow....

Back