A question about regulators...

Ryck

Needle-chuck Ninja
Hi, So here I am asking my first noob question. I bought a used compressor with a tank but the regulator did not survive the shipping thanks to FedEx. So I have ordered a new one and when I was looking at the pictures of it, I see the inlet and outlet, then there is the gauge on one side. On the opposite side of the gauge, there is another connection point that is sealed with a 1/4" hex head screw.

My question is, what is that connection used for? Thanks for any information on that.

Im not a pro but I would guess it could ne used for a few things. External moisture/oil trap. tool air preasure guage as apossed to tank preasure.

Can you post a picture? It would help us to help you. And helping is good.
Whether it helps us or you.
I’ve been drinking heavily so ignore me.
Except for the post a picture part, that was a solid idea drunk or sober. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys for the replies and suggestions. My new regulator arrived today so I just took out that screw to see if it was any different than the other side and it is just the same. I guess it is so you can place a gauge on either side according to your preference. I was kind of hoping that it was for a gauge to monitor the tank pressure only. Mystery solved. ;)

Back