Absolute - total-n00b needs advice please

Compressor, airbrush and several iridescent and pearl creatix paints ordered

Now and I probably should put this into its own topic but, what's the best paint to back them with when finished?

Generally rattle cans I used tamiya irridecant paints backed by a simple tamiya black once done, is this gonna be the same?

I also want to practise on paper the control etc first, is there like a cheap bland, average paint to use for such things as opposed to using decent stuff?

Thanks

That would be fine if we all lived in the US. lol
Down here in the Southern Hemisphere they want 2 arms and a leg AND a kidney for anything close to silent :D
Haha...well yeah, I almost forgot. Even looking around the UK a while back I thought WOW the availability in compressors really sucks for some reason.
Where here in the last couple years every hardware store has 3 different brands of silents and usually starting around $100.

Haha...well yeah, I almost forgot. Even looking around the UK a while back I thought WOW the availability in compressors really sucks for some reason.
Where here in the last couple years every hardware store has 3 different brands of silents and usually starting around $100.
The UK is generally a nightmare for bargains sadly

Compressor, airbrush and several iridescent and pearl creatix paints ordered

Now and I probably should put this into its own topic but, what's the best paint to back them with when finished?

Generally rattle cans I used tamiya irridecant paints backed by a simple tamiya black once done, is this gonna be the same?

I also want to practise on paper the control etc first, is there like a cheap bland, average paint to use for such things as opposed to using decent stuff?

Thanks
Classic createx....or wicked?
If backing with tamiya black worked well for you, id stick with it, no need to switch it up.

While nothing is going to behave exactly the same as the paint youll actually use, you can certainly use the $1-2 craft paints with enough reduction to practice the basics. Id stay away from the very cheapest, they tend not to reduce well and have some pretty chunky pigment.

Plus since you have some decent paint, you can use a recommended reduction from someone here with that...see how it should act....then reduce the craft paint to be at least similar and then blast away until your comfortable.

Classic createx....or wicked?
If backing with tamiya black worked well for you, id stick with it, no need to switch it up.

While nothing is going to behave exactly the same as the paint youll actually use, you can certainly use the $1-2 craft paints with enough reduction to practice the basics. Id stay away from the very cheapest, they tend not to reduce well and have some pretty chunky pigment.
I've no idea

These ones lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190710-164258_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190710-164258_eBay.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20190710-164311_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190710-164311_eBay.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 13
Just trying to scare you a little :D

here is some info about this paint:

Createx Airbrush Colors
Createx Airbrush Colors are the number one, most widely used and trusted professional airbrush paint in the world. Made with light-fast pigments and durable resins, Createx Airbrush Colors are available with an airbrush paint instruction guide & usage chart. Works on fabric, wood, leather, canvas, plastics, aluminum, metals, ceramic, clay, poster board, brick, plaster, latex, glass and more. Colors are water-based, non-toxic and meet ASTM D-4236 standards. Colors include Opaque, Transparent, Fluorescent, Pearlized and Iridescent Colors.

Createx Airbrush Colors are designed for permanent results with a soft-hand feel on fabrics. Colors cure with the assistance of heat after drying.

The use of heat to cure colors is one of the main differences between Createx Airbrush Colors and Wicked & Auto Air Colors which cure to a much stronger film with air drying alone (referred to as self-cross linking). Createx are made with exterior-grade (automotive) pigments allowing them to withstand prolonged exposure to direct, outdoor light without fading. For maximum permanence, a top-coat should be applied over the paint after curing.

Createx Airbrush Colors work best out of the bottle with a 0.5mm tip-sized airbrush operated @ 40 - 50psi. For smaller tip-sizes, lower psi settings and fine-line detailed artwork, reduce with Createx 5601 Transparent Base. For more application information, visit our technical pages.

giphy.gif

:D

Back