Adapter for can of propellant?

I use an extremely similar compressor to the one @JackEb linked. A Senco rather than hitachi but its pretty much the same thing. Actually it might even be the same with a different name. I love it!
For fabric you use about 50psi or so. With artwork on paper or hard surfaces 20psi and below is common.
This also means you need a lot of that air on fabric. Those cans really would last about one minute at the pressure you need.

I think you will find very few people who will recommend any newer Paasche airbrushes here. My understanding is the quality is very inconsistent in recent years. Understanding your budget may be very small though...Im guessing the paasche you are looking at is somewhere in the $50-$60 range?
If so it might possibly still be one of the better brushes you can get for that kind of money.........hmm what is your budget for your brush?

Yes there is one adapter needed to fit an airbrush hose to a regular compressor.....except in the case of the paasche hose, I believe it already has the correct end on one side to screw onto the threads of a regular compressor from a hardware store.

Last edited:
. This guy can do stuff with some really crapy airbrushes

When you have been painting consistently for decades then you can pick up any brush and produce results. How consists those results would be is the unknown factor.

Ruth, you will also need to consider the paint you plan to use. You can’t just throw any old paint into the brush and get the result you were hoping for, its not the way it works.

You could put pure ethanol in your gas tank of your car, it would work, kind of, for a little while.

Right product for the job is required

When you have been painting consistently for decades the you can pick up any brush and produce results. How consists et those results would be is the unknown factor.

Ruth you will also need to consider the paint you lan to use. You can’t jist throw any old paint int the brush and get the result you were hoping for, it not the way it works.

You could put pure ethanol in your gas tank in your car, it would work, kind of, for a little while.

Right product for the job is required
Is it time to sleep at your place? I see you misspelled bunch of stuff. Usually this doesn't happen lol

No midday- just need coffee lol... I’ll go fix my errors :p
sleeping-cartoon-dragon-vector-illustration-98861557.jpg

:D

When you have been painting consistently for decades then you can pick up any brush and produce results. How consists those results would be is the unknown factor.
Right.
Heck after a couple weeks with a good brush you can at least tell which problems to attribute to a crappy brush and which are your techniques.
After that I think its more a matter of how often you are fiddling with the brush to make it work and how long it will last.
I feel like when they are working its only the small details that really show any performance difference.

you really changed it lol

lol, did you expect anything less. !!

Ruth,
Have you researched this at all ? I have had no experience at all with Propellant cans, but found minimal info about them, just this one paragraph would be a deal breaker for me.

Propellant Cans – Their advantage is that since they use an inert gas instead of air the propellant is very dry when it leaves the can. Their disadvantages, however, far outweigh that single advantage.

First is the fact that as the cans are used they get very, very cold. After just a few minutes of use ice will actually start to form on the outside of the can. As the gas is chilled the pressure in the can drops, and as the pressure in the can drops the supply pressure to the airbrush also drops. This means that virtually as soon as you start spraying you have to start adjusting the paint flow on your airbrush. You will constantly have to open the needle more and more just to compensate for the lower pressure in the can. Then, when you stop spraying and the can starts to warm back up, the pressure increases so that when you start spraying again the paint volume is much higher than you expected. This problem can be alleviated somewhat by sitting the propellant can in a dish of warm (NOT hot!) water while it is in use. This will not eliminate the problem but it will help keep the can temperature more stable.

The next disadvantage of propellant cans is that they become quite expensive over time. It might seem cost-effective at first to purchase a $10 can or propellant instead of a $100 compressor, but in the long run a compressor is cheaper.

If you are still in the research phase then we will happily guide you on the right track. (You dont know what you dont know so asking questions is hard.)

Compressor
Paint
Brush.

They're the first 3 things to be considered.

I think you will find very few people who will recommend any newer Paasche airbrushes here. My understanding is the quality is very inconsistent in recent years. Understanding your budget may be very small though...Im guessing the paasche you are looking at is somewhere in the $50-$60 range?
If so it might possibly still be one of the better brushes you can get for that kind of money.........hmm what is your budget for your brush?

Thanks a lot for your answer
Yeah the thing is that everything here is more expensive because it’s imported and well minimum wage here is like 4 dollars a day. Not that I’m on the minimum wage but you see, artists who make commissions like me don’t have a very steady job nor well paying costumers. So having said that :) anything that costs outside México around 50 dollars, here it must be at least double. Because of importation fees, taxes and shipping. That’s why I can’t afford an eclipse even though I read wonders about it.
I was aiming to spend something around 100 dollars or less (preferebly less LOL)

Used iwata bcs or cs is also an option.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Iwata-Ecli...590684?hash=item2146134c9c:g:YcUAAOSwHxdbeEt5
65 bucks. I just fast checked on ebay. Didn't take a lot of time. I understand if you don't have money to invest. We all been there. Hell, I remember when I was younger, my biggest problem was hot to buy a pack of cigarettes.

Thanks for looking for it! The thing that gets me mad is that mostly nothing (like this item for example) ships to Mexico. We have a few options available and those are very expensive because of the shipping

Thanks a lot for your answer
Yeah the thing is that everything here is more expensive because it’s imported and well minimum wage here is like 4 dollars a day. Not that I’m on the minimum wage but you see, artists who make commissions like me don’t have a very steady job nor well paying costumers. So having said that :) anything that costs outside México around 50 dollars, here it must be at least double. Because of importation fees, taxes and shipping. That’s why I can’t afford an eclipse even though I read wonders about it.
I was aiming to spend something around 100 dollars or less (preferebly less LOL)
Is it much problem to order from US? How much cost is added then?
At $100, at least here you can afford a few brushes that are equal to many of the best.

Ruth said:
Oh about that I actually use the best quality paint as posssible. I have to buy paint for the custom sneakers I make directly from the US and it costs me three times what it costs there. I started doing it because I feared that the pieces lost colors with use. So about the material I wouldn’t worry because I use whatever is the best availablw

lol, did you expect anything less. !!

Ruth,
Have you researched this at all ? I have had no experience at all with Propellant cans, but found minimal info about them, just this one paragraph would be a deal breaker for me.

If you are still in the research phase then we will happily guide you on the right track. (You dont know what you dont know so asking questions is hard.)

Oh dear. The first approach I had with an airbrush was at the art supplies store, they offered me the airbrush and told me it works either with a can or with a compresssor. I trusted them. Oh my I feel so stupid now :timid:
I didn’t buy it there. I just went there to meet an airbrush in person. Because I got to the idea.

As to answer your other question. I had the budget to buy a starter kit. Everything excluding the compressor because that obviously is much more expensive. What I wanted to do is start working with the cans and after earning enough, buying the compressor later. But as I see now that might not be what’s best. Thank you you certainly saved me hahaha

So youre using jacquard paint?
Joking...kind of.....It has held up extremely well on the shoes i used it on. Id recommend it to anyone for fabric or shoes for airbrushing.

Hahahaha no, I use Angelus. I have seen it whithstand everything. Like rain mud and everything. I know that I need to buy a special thinner they also sell at angelus for the airbrush. But as I never used an airbrush before, the raw angelus paint works like a charm

Is it much problem to order from US? How much cost is added then?
At $100, at least here you can afford a few brushes that are equal to many of the best.
The thing is that they don’t ship. Most of them when I go into amazon they say that the seller does not ship to México. And whenever they ship, it costs like around 170 dollars or somethibg

Just for the brush, or for everything you need to get started ?

Everything, like the starters kit. Excluding the compressor which I intended to buy as soon as I learn the technique. That’s why I wanted to get started with the cans. But I see now that’s not an option. Still that budget is basically for everything but the compressor

Back