adapter question

amrogers3

Young Tutorling
Not sure what subforum to post this question.

I have a Harder Steenbeck hose with a 1/4" female end. I am trying to attach it to a sparmax hose with 1/8" female end. I have a Grex AD21 - Adaptor, 1/8"M to 1/4"M.

I thought both were BSP but the Grex isnt screwing into the Steenbeck. Any idea what 1/8 M to 1/4M adapter will fit?

Check the thread isnt damaged first. Thats the only thing I can think of that would stop it screwing in. Unless its npt but I very much doubt that. Is the other end of the sparmax hose 1/8? If it is try it in that end too.

Let us know how you get on and drop a pic up if you can. It always helps. if we can also see what happening.

Lee

This was put together by Andre. Hope it helps.
ccbef87d768036914032e3e9bd598618.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here is Grex AD21. Threads are fine, no damage. This is a brand new adapter.

ZTPjk3zl.jpg

2 turns in and stops in Steenbeck but screws into Sparmax just fine.

ceIESFKl.jpg
FGB80YPl.jpg

If you can, try it in another 1/4" setup. In that whole setup, the part that looks like the problem is an American part (made in China).

If it starts screwing in normally at the beginning and doesn't go further than it means it's 1/4 NPT threads, while you need 1/4 G.
From the photo it seems you have 1/4 NPT there, I mean it's conic.
I can cut new threads over NPT, but I think you don't have the tools for that, so your solution is just to buy another fitting.

Back