Adhesion promoter!

Keifer smeaton

Double Actioner
I have just received a helmet from a man who wants his motorcycle club patch on the back. As far as I know it’s a Thermoplastic helmet Im relatively new to this and this man is aware that I’m starting out. I’m just wondering is it possible to spray this patch on the back and clear over it. I have done something similar before and it turned out fine I sprayed smoke directly onto the helmet plastic cleared over it just as a test and it’s fine . I know this is not the correct way to do it just want to know is the this way possible as he is not to bothered about priming base coating as it’s an old helmet in fairly good condition.. I also have another question about adhesion promoter can I Just use the rattle can version and then use my spray gun for my primer And base coats if I have to do it this way. will the finish still be as good , so have rattle can adhesion promoter under spray gun coats? If that makes and sense

normally I don't use any primer on helmets, just wet sanding surface (600). But if the helmet has a high contrast factory graphic, primer/sealer has a good coverage. I use only rattle can primer/sealer, they works great, no need to clean your spray gun. Epoxy for adhesion (long drying time, solid as concret), acrylic for scratch filling (short drying time, easy sanding).

Back