After a break from modelling

Bryan71

Double Actioner
Hi Guys.After a break from modelling due to bad health I’ve started doing figures and busts
So I bought myself and Eclipse 0.35
But needing a brush for Stynylrez primer as I use my Eclipse for Lacquer
My projects are 1/10 busts and 1/16 figures.Yes people say buy a cheap brush but I do like quality
Been looking at a HP-TH but it might be to big.Looked at the Infinity 0.4 but I’m Iwata

Hi Guys.After a break from modelling due to bad health I’ve started doing figures and busts
So I bought myself and Eclipse 0.35
But needing a brush for Stynylrez primer as I use my Eclipse for Lacquer
My projects are 1/10 busts and 1/16 figures.Yes people say buy a cheap brush but I do like quality
Been looking at a HP-TH but it might be to big.Looked at the Infinity 0.4 but I’m Iwata

The GSI Creos PS-266 0.5mm would be a good option and it’s just over $100.

The Eclipse BCS is also a great option, but it’s siphon feed, not gravity. Though spraying primer, it may be better if spraying a high volume of stuff.

Great to see you back painting some models!
Jagarden has given you some great advice. The TH is a popular brush with modellers, but that’s generally for painting Battleship hills and such. It definitely has it’s place but might be a little much so check out some videos of it in action before committing. Just to see it’s right for you.
Then possibly think about the Mr Hobby or Creos 290. It is basically the same brush as the TH from the same factory, but tends to be quite a lot cheaper.
If you’re buying from the US, Spraygunner.com carry the range. If in Europe Air-craft.net have the Creos range too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about you just get a cheap K3 - 0.5 spray gun, theyre great for airbrush primer and around £7 uk with postage. Theyre easy to clean but if they screw up you throw it away and get another. Saying that mine had been going for a couple of years so far. I did buy a slightly more expensive one £12.99 with a fan cap, haven't used that yet. They're actually not bad for the price.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Power-To...515105?hash=item2165b89021:g:UBEAAOSwyKZdy5ov

Lee

Back